We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Capital, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently, and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere - an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 26 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit www.dalberg.com.
Maximize your potential. Tackle the world’s toughest problems. Build expertise in areas that matter to you. Become a global development leader.
Application Deadline: 11:59 pm EST on February 15, 2019
What You Will Do
The Global Communications Senior Manager ensures Dalberg’s cutting-edge development ideas become part of the public conversation. He or she will work to significantly raise Dalberg’s visibility and extend Dalberg ideas in prominent global media outlets and events to help fulfill our mission. This position leads an intrapreneurial team, including a Communications Senior Associate and Digital Communications Associate, and liaises closely with regional communications counterparts to execute an integrated strategic communications function across all of Dalberg’s regions, businesses, and practice areas during a time of tremendous activity and growth. The Global Communications Senior Manager works with Dalberg’s management team to lead all aspects of external communication – social media, publications, media relations, internal and external websites, outreach, analytics, etc. – at a premier social enterprise.
The position can be located in any Dalberg office. This position is for a communications professional, and is not a consultant-track position.
- Work with Dalberg’s management team to create and implement external communication strategies
- Lead and coach a communications team to increase outputs in key metrics including media mentions, publications, and social media
- Lead the dissemination of the firm’s thought leadership projects (e.g. consultant-authored reports and publications)
- Pitch stories to media and support the development of knowledge products
- Maintain and grow a database of contacts at international media outlets; write and distribute press releases
- Steward Dalberg community communications channels, including with alumni and staff; oversee a weekly internal newsletter and monthly external update
- Manage and oversee content creation for the company website and social media
- Operate as a technical expert within the communications function, and possess an aptitude to identify and understand system changes/updates
- Ensure maintenance and appropriate use of the firm’s external mailing lists and social media followers
- Proactively identify industry events and conferences to showcase Dalberg’s work; support Dalberg’s presence at select events
- Work with the Business Development and Recruiting teams to ensure the standard business development materials and the firm’s recruiting communication strategy are coordinated, on-brand, and achieve maximum impact
- Help oversee and implement brand cohesion for the firm across regions and businesses
- Facilitate global coordination with regional communications leads
- Enable partners and staff to build their personal thought leadership brands, including creating and delivering internal trainings and maintaining resources on Dalberg’s intranet
- Collect and present a quarterly analysis of Dalberg’s learning, knowledge, and innovation efforts
You understand how to make ideas spread across media, social media and digital landscapes. You are passionate about communicating for global development on issues from malnutrition to climate change and are curious and willing to dig into new topics. You are a team leader and can inspire those on your team and in the broader firm toward communications goals. You are motivated by the prospect of elevating the profile of a fast-growing organization. You are a committed self-starter with a passion for development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Superb editing and writing skills with an ability to present information in an insightful, structured manner
- Demonstrated knowledge in global issues such as economic development, public health, education, and environment
- Excellent time and project management skills, a “can-do” attitude, and ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with issues and key players in the development sector
- Existing network of journalists and media players
- Experience with web management, HTML, and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Over six years of communications experience; at least two years as a manager working closely with Senior Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to coach junior team members to push their thinking and grow their productive outputs
- Entrepreneurial mindset and interest in working at an international, fast-growing company
- Bachelor’s degree from a top institution; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working with senior officials in the public or private sector
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environment of international public agencies or similarly complex environments
- Experience supporting or creating envelope-pushing research, such as at a think tank or research institute
- Experience living and working in different cultures (time spent in developing countries strongly preferred)
- Foreign language skills
About Our Clients
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
Join Our Team!
Please submit your application on Dalberg’s career opportunities page,, by 15 February 2019.
To apply, please upload your: 1. one-page resume, 2. cover letter and 3. original writing sample to the Global Communications Senior Manager position under the Current Opportunities section of our Careers page on www.dalberg.com. Your resume, cover letter and writing sample must be submitted as a single PDF document. Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and we encourage applicants to submit their materials as soon as possible. Applications without all components will not be considered.
Please include the date you are available to begin work and your top preferred location in your cover letter. You must have authorization to work in the office where you would like to be based.
Candidates selected for interviews will be invited to discuss their interests and experience. As the interviews progress, candidates may be asked to interview in-person at a Dalberg office. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.