Allen-Vanguard is a leader in providing customized solutions for defeating terrorist and extremist threats, including Radio Controlled IEDs (RCIEDs). Allen-Vanguard’s equipment is trusted by elite military and public safety agencies worldwide.
Reporting to the Director, Customer Support, the incumbent is responsible for managing assigned programs and project procurement activity while working with Program Managers, Quality, Engineering and New Product Introduction (NPI) staff in the development and supply of new products. The incumbent is also responsible for sourcing, identifying suppliers, establishing supplier agreements, and ensuring supplier performance is consistent with Allen-Vanguard requirements.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures timely, cost effective materials and service acquisition and the development of product delivery plans and schedules in conjunction with Project managers, Product managers, Engineering staff, Operations and the NPI management group.
- Represent products and program procurement activity from the design stage through to production interfacing with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Responsible for establishing standard cost and lead time based on project/product forecast.
- Continually, surveys markets for best source of supply. Contacts potential suppliers, performs reference checks, issues non-disclosure agreements, issues quotes, reviews and evaluates quotes, visits potential suppliers, coordinates supplier audits and evaluations, recommends suppliers.
- Establishes priorities with key suppliers to ensure schedule development and execution are maintained.
- Manages all new product tooling contracts, in conjunction with engineering and suppliers. Monitors the performance, changes, cost and delivery schedule from the modifications of tooling design.
- Implement supplier partnership programs with emphasis in long term relationship with the initiative of supplier reduction, reduced inventory levels, improved quality, reduced cycle time, improved JIT delivery schedules and reduced cost.
- Develops supplier partnership performance indicators in conjunction with internal customer groups
- Acts as the intermediary in vendor quality and performance issues.
- Travels as necessary.
- Post-secondary education in related field
- 5-8 years of related resource planning, production planning, master scheduling or Materials Management experience
- Strong project management and negotiation skills
- Experience/knowledge in microcomputer software applications required, experience with Syspro MRP System preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, tactfully and diplomatically with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Eligibility for a Canadian Security clearance to the level of Secret is essential (may require 10 years of Canadian residency).