Allen Vanguard is the global leader in defeating terrorist and extremist threats. With an unrivaled expertise in counter-threat solutions, systems, and technologies, we deliver battle-proven equipment for defeating IEDs and other terrorist incidents at the technical, operational, and national policy levels.
We’re seeking the brightest and most enthusiastic minds for a variety of jobs across the company. Currently, our engineering team is seeking a full-time Intermediate Embedded Software Developer , in our Ottawa ON office.
The successful candidate will be actively involved in the full software development process including: requirements definition, high-level design, implementation and support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement real-time embedded firmware in C / C++ on ARM, Intel and Microchip processors.
- Participate in the development of software architecture.
- Work closely with the other engineering disciplines (systems, hardware and RF) on system integration.
- Maintain existing code bases.
- Produce high quality design documentation.
- Develop and execute developer tests.
- A Bachelor of Computer Engineering / Computer Science Degree or related College Diploma.
- 5 – 8 years of experience of embedded software development experience;
- Strong C / C++ abilities are key, Python experience is desirable;
- Must have development experience with both microprocessor and microcontroller-based platforms;
- Development experience under Linux, QNX or similar OS, in an embedded environment, is required;
- Experience with FreeRTOS, or similar OS, is an asset;
- Development experience on Zynq FPGA SoCs, is a strong asset;
- Development experience with multi-core processors, is an asset;
- Experience with GPUs using either CUDA or OpenCL, is a strong asset;
- Exposure to any SDR framework (e.g., GNURadio or SCA), is a strong asset;
- Driver development experience, is an asset;
- Must be very comfortable in a lab environment and know how to use common electronics test equipment;
- Knowledge of DSP or wireless communication systems is beneficial;
- An independent work ethic to bring tasks to completion;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential;
- Must be comfortable working in a hands-on environment.
- Eligibility for a Canadian Security clearance to the level of Secret is essential (may require 10 years of Canadian residency).