The Psychology Section of the Department of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine is currently seeking a full-time Psychological Associate for our offices located at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston TX.
Responsibilities involve administration and scoring of psychological, neuropsychological, and developmental tests. The position is focused on both clinical work and grant-supported research projects involving children ranging in age from infancy through young adult. The patient populations span hematology/oncology (e.g., brain tumors, leukemia, sickle cell disease), organ and bone marrow transplant, endocrine disorders, genetic and metabolic diseases, autism spectrum disorders, and various other medical and neurodevelopmental conditions.
- Conducts psychological/developmental evaluations of patients.
- Assists in the development of faculty research programs and collection of data.
- Presents findings of psychological evaluations at staff meetings with physicians.
- Participates in parent conferences regarding results of psychological/developmental evaluations.
- May lecture to Psychology residents.
- Master's degree in Psychology.
- Two years of directly related experience in assessment.
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Psychological Associate by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists.
Preferred: Applicants with bilingual assessment skills in Spanish are strongly encouraged to apply.