The Lin lab is seeking molecular biologist to work in an interdisciplinary team environment on understanding how gene regulation is altered in cancer. This position will involve supporting ongoing research in the lab and will include molecular cloning, basic molecular biology techniques, and assisting with maintaining lab stocks, reagents, equipment and common spaces. Individuals with strong communication and organizational skills with a desire to pursue careers in life sciences are encouraged to apply.
- Work under the supervision of molecular biologists to design recombinant DNA constructs for cell line engineering
- Generate recombinant DNA constructs via molecular cloning techniques including standard restriction
- Gateway and Gibson technologies
- Perform nucleic acid and protein extractions from mammalian cell lines
- Perform nucleic acid quantification techniques including gel electrophoresis and real-time PCR
- Perform mammalian cell culture
- Experience with lab ordering and inventory systems
- Maintain laboratory stocks, equipment and common spaces
- Clearly communicate and document (oral and written) experimental results and progress.
Required: Bachelor's degree in a basic science or equivalent work experience.
Preferred: Prior experience in molecular biology laboratory.