Research Coordinator – ELSI Research The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a full-time Research Coordinator for a non- laboratory research position. The individual hired will be responsible for providing research support for a faculty member conducting several grant-funded projects related to ethical, legal, and social implications of genetic technologies and citizen science.
- Conduct comprehensive literature searches in the areas of bioethics, science, social science and health policy literature.
- Assist in the preparation of peer-reviewed publications and new project proposals.
- Assist with presentation preparation, such as pulling data and drafting slides.
- Provide research support for ongoing projects, including organizing project files, scheduling project activities and meetings, taking meeting minutes, and coordinating with co-investigators, collaborators, and project personnel in multiple sites to move projects forward.
- Assist with qualitative and quantitative research data coordination and management.
- Contribute to qualitative (primarily interviews) and quantitative (primarily surveys) data analysis.
- Perform other duties based on project needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the humanities, social sciences, public health or related field.
- One year of relevant experience. Prefer three years of relevant experience.
- Experience assisting with preparation of peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies and data analysis software programs preferred (e.g., nVivo, STATA).
- Must have exceptional research and writing skills.
- Must be extremely dependable with strong organizational and prioritization skills.