This is not your typical law firm paralegal position. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, it involves close cooperation with the entire Legal department (General Counsel, Associate General Counsel, Contracts & Corporate Specialist, Legal Assistants, and Conflicts Paralegal). This position has significant interaction with the firm’s domestic and international consulting and corporate services staff, as well as external law firm personnel and client procurement departments. As the firm grows, this position offers increasing responsibility and challenging work to the right candidate. We are seeking one Legal Assistant to work either in our San Francisco, CA office or our Washington, DC office. The core responsibilities include:
- Assisting with risk management matters addressed by the General Counsel and Associate General Counsel by performing detailed contract review, negotiation, and management and by collaborating with consulting, accounting, and administrative staff to ensure contract compliance;
- Assisting with contract- and corporate-related portions of responses to Requests for Proposal;
- Maintaining electronic contract files including engagement contracts, software/data and misc. license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, academic advisor agreements, vendor agreements, and master and subcontractor agreements;
- Working with the firm’s billing personnel to open new client projects including tracking new project information;
- Supporting the Conflicts Paralegal with conflict check process by vetting information regarding potential engagements against both previous project work and publicly available information and updating conflicts database with further information from retainer agreements;
- Compiling and maintaining corporate filings with federal, state, and local government entities;
- Assisting with international corporate and contractual requirements;
- Assisting with insurance matters and maintaining corporate governance and shareholders records;
- Training corporate and administrative staff on matters covered by the Legal department, such as confidentiality and retention agreements.
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity and innovative problem solving skills and will have the ability to think both independently and beyond the assignment given. This candidate should also have a professional and upbeat customer service approach to their written and verbal communications. The position requires strong organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to handle numerous projects and deliverables concurrently.
Other requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- One to three years of experience (including internships) in a business environment, preferably in a legal or professional services firm;
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to build positive relationships with senior-level consultants and across all corporate services groups including Accounting, Business Support Services, Human Resources, IT, Marketing, and Planning and Business Analysis;
- High degree of ownership and commitment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent research and communication skills;
- Ability to develop working knowledge about the firm’s client engagements;
- Impeccable moral and ethical standards and an ability to exercise appropriate judgment and comply with confidentiality obligations;
- Working overtime including nights may be necessary.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K/profit sharing, life and disability insurance, paid time off, and internal professional development and training programs, designed to reward success at all levels. Details regarding compensation will be based on the successful candidates’ knowledge, skills, and experience.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume.
The Brattle Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled