The Brattle Group is seeking to retain an Assistant General Counsel to join its Legal team, and support the firm in our San Francisco office. Reporting to the General Counsel, this position will be primarily responsible for providing legal support on issues arising from the firm’s commercial activities. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Structure, draft, review, provide advice on, and negotiate a wide variety of complex contracts including master services agreements, engagement letters, protective orders, non-disclosure agreements, licenses, and other legal documents for the firm and its foreign subsidiaries;
- Provide general legal support for corporate activities as needs arise, including in such areas as copyright and insurance;
- Assist with the maintenance of the firm’s contract files;
- Assist with identification of potential conflicts of interest and provision of advice on possible options for resolution;
- Act as liaison with outside counsel when such assistance is required;
- Review Legal Assistants’ work and provide associated direction;
- Handle miscellaneous special assignments of a confidential nature.
This position requires strong organizational, collaboration, and time management skills, as well as the ability to handle numerous time-sensitive projects and deliverables simultaneously. The ideal candidate will possess:
- J.D. degree, with exceptional academic record, from a fully accredited law school and an active license, in good standing, to practice law in at least one state;
- At least three (3) years of litigation and/or general legal experience;
- A hands-on philosophy for both large and small tasks;
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced office environment handling multiple tasks and demands concurrently;
- Ability to operate independently, exercise appropriate judgment, discretion, and confidentiality;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate clear and concise positions.
Evening work as well as occasional travel may be required.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K/profit sharing, life and disability insurance, paid time off, and internal professional development and training programs, designed to reward success at all levels. Details regarding compensation will be based on the successful candidates’ knowledge, skills, and experience.
In order to be considered for this position, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume.
The Brattle Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled