We are seeking an Electricity Modeling Specialist with a focus on Power Systems Modeling. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual with strong quantitative skills to supervise and conduct electricity systems and market modeling. This person will take a lead analytical role in developing, improving, and overseeing modeling infrastructure and techniques, will receive project management training, and will eventually oversee modeling teams.
Typical assignments might include:
- Using nodal electricity market and/or expansion planning modeling software to:
- analyze the reliability and economics of cutting-edge system flexibility products
- formulate policy or market design options for achieving decarbonization policy goals
- uncover challenges with and solutions for transitioning to a cleaner electricity system dominated by renewables, storage, and engaged customers
- Conduct assessments for integrated resource plans and making policy recommendations
- Developing custom software tools and harnessing database automation to improve the efficiency of model development and results analysis
What We’re Looking for – Successful Candidates Will Possess:
- A graduate degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. power engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, mathematics, statistics) with strong academic performance and applied research in power systems and modeling
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline with two years of job experience in power systems and markets modeling
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment – Our project work is done almost exclusively on teams and it is critical to work well with others
Additional Experience We Value – Ideal Candidates Will Possess:
- Experience in nodal electricity market modeling – Commercial platforms such as PSO, GE MAPS, Plexos, Dayzer, or others
- Market knowledge – Knowledge and experience with US electricity markets, wholesale market operators, energy and ancillary service market designs, and/or economic and policy issues in the electricity sector
- Fluency in one or more programming languages – R, Python, C#, Matlab, or others
- Experience working with large data sets – Building and using databases, including query development and automation; familiarity with advanced data analytics, statistics, machine learning, and other expertise areas demonstrating exceptional quantitative and data skills.
- Strong familiarity with general modeling platforms and solvers – Building general optimization models using commercial platforms (e.g., GAMS, AIMMS, CPLEX)
How Our Recruiting Process Works:
We are seeking an Electricity Modeling Specialist to work in our Boston, MA office. Please submit the following materials:
• Cover letter
• Transcripts (unofficial copies accepted)
The Brattle Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.