We are seeking an Electricity Specialist with a focus on Applied Econometrics and data analytics. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual with strong quantitative skills to supervise and conduct econometric and statistical analysis. This person will take a lead analytical role in developing, programming, and estimating econometric models used in the policy and program evaluation. The ideal candidate is also expected to have training in big data analytics and be able to train junior staff on these methods.
Typical assignments might include:
- Undertaking time-series or panel data analysis to estimate the impact of new policies and programs (i.e. new pricing regimes):
- manage high-frequency smart meter data and turn it into analysis ready format
- formulate empirically consistent econometric models which have strong predictive precision
- communicate the results of the model to technical and non-technical audiences
- Author reports that detail model development and estimation processes as well as study results
- Proficient use of data science and big data analytics techniques to discover and effectively communicate insights from data.
- Evaluation of the economics of emerging technologies such as solar PVs, energy storage, and electric vehicles
- Developing models and tools to quantify the potential of flexible load resources such as demand response, energy efficiency, and storage
- Development of cost-of-services studies for rate design purposes
What We’re Looking for – Successful Candidates Will Possess:
- A graduate degree in statistical methods, public policy, economics, or mathematics with a concentration in applied econometrics and a track record of strong academic performance
- Demonstrated experience in econometric modeling and program evaluation
- Experience working with large data sets – Building and using large datasets, advanced data analytics and machine learning, and other expert-level quantitative and data skills.
- Fluency in one or more programming languages – R, STATA, Python, SAS, Matlab, etc.
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment – Project work is done almost exclusively on teams, and it is critical to work well with others
How Our Recruiting Process Works:
Please submit the following materials:
• Cover letter
• Transcripts (unofficial copies accepted)
The Brattle Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.