Campbell Ewald started with two people, Frank and Hank, who brought together adventurous creativity and business smarts to build one of the most enduring agencies and work of all time. They believed that if you put the experience of the consumer and your client’s business first, the results would speak for themselves.
Our Los Angeles office is looking for a Creative Director, Copywriting to lead a flagship account with the same inherent client and consumer first approach. This role is an opportunity to build upon our client’s established creative brand and to evolve its messaging in new and exciting ways.
The Creative Director will be an
- Integrator - empowering ideas that stretch across the consumer journey
- Indispensable resource – bringing creative results which earn attention for our client’s business. The CD will bring deep knowledge and perspective, consistently inspiring ideas that drive interest and enthusiasm. They will lead and do, as they are as responsible for crafting and selling great work while cultivating strong relationships.
- Ensure creative work is strategically sound
- Partner with strategy to find new ways of inspiring great work
- Provide creative leadership across all points of the client business and communications. Digital skills are imperative.
- Be a trusted day-to-day partner to clients
- Make the work better by amplifying big creative ideas across platforms
- Use your expert writing skills to inspire the clients and steward the brand’s tone
- Present with presence that leaves a room wanting more
- Craft and capture the inspirational tone of the brand
- Guide and foster stellar creative work from concept to execution, and inspire your team to push the boundaries of their approach
- Lead workshops with senior level clients, guiding conversations about their business and the creative output across platforms
- Partner with your clients so they will eagerly act on your recommendations. Build client confidence in you to foster a fundamental belief in your teams’ abilities.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 7+ years experience copywriting, creative directing and leading in and around advertising agencies
- An ability to command a room
- Deep expertise in writing, creative direction and strategy
- Experience managing and mentoring teams
- Comfortable owning the stewardship of one creative brand
- Leadership ability and experience that can hold a room
- Proven experience being a strong collaborator that can think on your feet
- Proven results managing diverse talent, ensuring everyone’s skills are utilized and the most powerful ideas are represented in every deliverable
- Calm & cool, and always graceful under pressure
- Previous experience leading complex brands
- Solid strategic and tactical instincts
- Possess experience the ability to anticipate problems and react appropriately
- Willing to pitch in or lead new business efforts as necessary
At Campbell Ewald, we believe that the things that make us different make us better. All VoiCEs are valued.
It is the policy of Campbell Ewald, a division of the Interpublic Group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment with regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.