Campbell Ewald started with two people, Frank and Hank, who brought together adventurous creativity and business smarts to build one of the most enduring agencies of all time. They believed that if you put the experience of the American consumer and your client’s business first, the results would speak for themselves. So, in 1932, the agency bought a car dealership to understand better how to sell cars, and it's that focus on understanding the consumer experience and their journey that drives our strategic practice today.
As a Sr. SEO Content Strategist, your role is to:
1. Be an integrator - empowering ideas (and disciplines) to stretch across the journey
2. Be a clutch partner and inspiration for creativity
3. Be an authority on the modern consumer
4. Be an indispensable resource for our client’s business
5. Drive results that earn America’s attention
Campbell Ewald is seeking a qualified SEO Content Strategist to help elevate our search foundation to the next level for our portfolio of brands. As a specialist, you'll be managing and curating content, while optimizing for organic search, on-site engagement, and partner distribution. You'll learn which topics are most relevant for a target audience, but you will then use that knowledge to publish to the highest value opportunities for our clients and continuously monitor performance to inform their overall content strategy.
- Drawing logical inferences and conclusions based on consumer data
- Crafting actionable insights for Business to Consumer (B2C) brands
- Applying data insights to editorial decisions
- Working with others and solve problems in groups, with the leadership skills to influence and inspire.
- Help grow our Strategic SEO Service into a disciplined, best-in-class operation.
- Work to ensure the highest level of discoverability for brand content across digital platforms.
- Perform full or sectioned brand site audits and make content recommendations on how to increase referral traffic from search; help writers adopt a search-driven topic approach with an eye toward making long-term SEO gains.
- Partner with editorial leadership to help inform content decisions with data and insights and applicable market trends
- Conduct SEO training sessions and provide ad-hoc consulting with various creative team members
- Monitor specific topics/keywords to track how a brand is ranking compared to their competition, with recommendations for improvement communicated to Editorial Leadership
- Plan new content verticals and optimize content strategy for increased organic visibility.
- Work with the editorial team to research and assign key content to copywriters, optimizing for potential organic presence.
- Map out site architecture and content URLs for new and existing verticals to ensure optimal search visibility and user experience.
- Perform keyword research, grow targeted keyword portfolios, plan new vertical content
- Conduct competitor analysis to identify gaps in our content coverage and areas of opportunity.
- Ensure that our content meets regulatory guidelines and keeps us compliant with our partners, regulators, and our internal legal and compliance teams.
- Collaborate with various disciplines (content, social media, tech, business intelligence) to implement SEO strategies.
- Regularly monitor the performance of site rankings with a focus on increasing and defending rankings.
- Make recommendations and work with developers to implement site architecture and design improvements with the goal of improved search visibility, page speed, and mobile-friendly.
- On-going internal link auditing to improve search visibility for the highest value pages.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of SEO in line with industry trends, creatively keeping us a step ahead of our competitors.
- 5+ years of SEO and content strategy experience (prior agency and content marketing experience is preferred)
- Passionate about SEO and proactive in staying up to date on the latest trends and best practices
- Experience with testing and optimization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and in person.
- Experience communicating with senior executives
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Experience working with large brands driving outcomes for highly trafficked websites.
- Self-motivated learns quickly and is willing and eager to adapt as the business does
- Passionate about data-driven problem-solving (prior performance metrics experience is preferred
- Experience with industry tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Answer the Public)
At Campbell Ewald, we believe that the things that make us different make us better. All VoiCEs are valued.
It is the policy of Campbell Ewald, a division of the Interpublic Group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment with regard to employment with regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.