Director of Brand & Integrated Strategy
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Director of Brand and Integrated Strategy
Campbell Ewald started with two people, Frank and Hank, who brought together adventurous
creativity and business smarts to build one of the most enduring agencies of all time. They
believed that if you put the experience of the American consumer and your client’s business
first, the results would speak for themselves. So in 1932, the agency bought a car dealership
to better understand how to sell cars. It’s that kind of desire to understand and empathize with a focus on understanding the consumer experience and their journey that drives our strategic
As a strategist, our role is to:
· Be an integrator - empowering ideas (and disciplines) to stretch across the journey
· Be inspiring - a catalyst and clutch partner and inspiration for creativity
· Be an indispensable - a resource for our client’s business they can’t imagine life without
· Be curious - a student of the world than can help draw connections in unlikely ways
· Be empathetic - care about the customer, your team, and step outside of yourself
By partnering with resources across the department and throughout the agency, Strategy plays a crucial role in the development, creation and execution of creative ideas across the journey.
We search, find, distill, second-guess and turn information into unexpected insights for
ourselves, our brands and our teams. It’s not just about delivering great thinking – Strategy’s job is to roll up our sleeves with the ideas as much as anyone else in the agency and to do
whatever it takes to help them earn a consumer’s heart, mind and market share.
The Director of Brand and Integrated Strategy will be the strategic lead on a key account
and will provide guidance to day-to-day strategists across multiple accounts.
They are responsible for providing ongoing thought leadership and mentorship. They are acknowledged as a trusted resource for business, brand and communications strategy by client, creative and account teams alike. They demonstrate deep knowledge and perspective, always bringing new and inspiring ideas to the table and driving interest and enthusiasm across the agency. They will contribute to the development of the agency’s consumer experience practice and participate in research initiatives. They will be leaders who are unafraid of diving into the day-to-day, as they are as responsible for crafting and selling
great work as their creative partners. They are expected to create relationships internally and externally that allow the work to be powerful and effective. In short, they focus on building the future of accounts – aligning clients and creative with the long-term brand ambition and keeping teams on the path toward achieving it.
· Proven strategic resource across all points of the client business
· Day-to-day trusted partner to creatives and clients
· Makes the work better by clarifying and amplifying big creative ideas
· Understands business problems and transforms them into creative opportunities
· Strong writing, presentation skills and presence that leaves a room wanting more
· Analytical chops that allow them to see things in data and research that others can’t, helping make decisions and recommendations about client business
· Managing a team
Research, Insights,& Effectiveness:
· Participate in agency-wide research initiatives that deliver thought leadership and contribute to making the work better
· Provide an authoritative and empathetic POV on popular culture, the consumer, categories and the value prop of a client’s business
· Develop and present actionable trends presentations
· Turn reams of data, insights and information into a clear, compelling story that outlines the problem, opportunity and strategic approach.
· Able to craft and collaborate on creative briefs that provide a unique point of view and an inspiring jumping off point for creative development.
· Contribute to qualitative and quantitative creative testing, ensuring insights are clear and the work is optimized without losing it’s heart.
· Partner with strategic leadership and clients through the research and testing processes to ensure the insights are clear and constructive.
· Provide insights and action steps for client research data that guides optimization for effectiveness
· Contribute to the development of consumer experience maps that deliver actionable insights to clients and creative briefs
· Partner across departments to inform communication briefs and go-to-market plans
· Map the objectives, target audience(s), channels and measurement tactics of any campaign to ensure our work will accomplish those metrics.
· Lead workshops with senior-level clients, guiding conversations about their business, brand and category.
· Work together with creative and account leaders to maximize the impact the work can have on the brand, the business, consumers and culture.
· Implement brand strategy tools to outline and clarify positioning, purpose, brand architecture and communication strategies.
· Provide oversight and thought leadership to guide the balance of long-term brand building initiatives and short-term sales activations for your clients
· Manage teams that set business/brand objectives to measure our work; ensure we have the information needed to evaluate effectiveness.
· Analyze client data, reframe client problems and offer new solutions based on frameworks, analogies and experience that opens them up to new points of view.
Communications Planning & Integration:
· Collaborate with media and digital teams to develop messaging frameworks for performance based marketing programs
· Partner with strategic specialists (social, content, media and analytics) to create integrated communications briefs
· Work across departments to organize, extend and connect creative ideas into campaign ecosystems that accomplish the intended business goals.
· Understanding of and developing fluency in digital strategy, cross-platform campaign planning and modern tools, trends and technologies.
· Collaborate with Social Strategist, Digital Strategist, Content Strategist, Media & Analytics to find new ways of inspiring great work and connecting KPIs to business results.
What you will bring to us:
· 10+ years in and around advertising. Experience with performance marketing, digital automation and CRM would be a HUGE plus. Financial services, insurance, or health care experience highly desired.
· Experience in conducting research and analysis (provide work samples of research studies (quantitative and qualitative)
· Experience in consumer experience journey mapping and methodologies (provide work samples)
· Demonstrate capabilities to craft powerful strategies and inspiring briefs that make for great work (provide presentation/writing samples)
· Experience building cross-platform communication strategies
· Strong presence in a room and with storytelling capability (written/visual presentation, and verbal skills)
· Thought leadership (articles, insights or trend reports)
· Proven relationship skills, building powerful connections with clients, creative, media, account and analytics
· Willing to pitch in or lead new business efforts as necessary
At Campbell Ewald, we believe that the things that make us different make us better. All VoiCEs are valued.
It is the policy of Campbell Ewald, a division of the Interpublic Group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment with regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results