Case Manager - Minneapolis, MN
|Company Order Number:||3319|
|# of openings:||1|
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, located in Minneapolis, MN is currently seeking a Case Manager to join the Compass team in the Policy & Advocacy department.
• Conduct intake, screening, assessment, coverage and reimbursement/prior authorization/appeal research and triage to appropriate resources for customers who contact CFF Compass.
• Enter customer information and track disposition of cases into the database. Position serves as subject-matter expert in area of coverage and reimbursement and requires ability to work on cases independently with minimal supervision.
• Collaborate with internal and external customers and to properly triage cases to the appropriate groups as needed.
• Demonstrate ability to multitask -- working on primary responsibilities while participating in ongoing and ad hoc projects.
• Perform the above job functions from the local CF Foundation chapter, and report to and coordinate with the National Office Compass staff for daily responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follows department standard operating procedures and internal policies.
• Exhibits and maintains confidentiality pertaining to patient health information.
• Reviews & evaluates patient cases with support from lead case manager to educate callers regarding how to determine insurance benefits for coverage of drug(s) and/ or devices.
• Assists callers with initiating and/or completing prior authorizations or appeals for insurance denials. Provides support documents as needed.
• Assesses whether patients qualify for co-pay assistance programs or programs for the uninsured and triages callers to the appropriate program(s) as needed.
• Assesses whether patients qualify for federal/state programs, provides guidance and triages as appropriate.
• Enters customer information into the database and creates appropriate service requests and designates to the appropriate agent as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Two years minimum experience in a healthcare or patient support services environment
• Knowledge of Medicare coverage and reimbursement
• Experience determining Medicaid/SSI/SSDI eligibility
• Knowledge of third party payers, private (both local and national), federal, and state
• Experience with co-pay Foundations and patient assistance programs
• Experience conducting benefit investigations, prior authorizations, and appeals
• Basic computer skills necessary, including Internet, Oracle/Microsoft Dynamics CRM, MS Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
*Bilingual in Spanish and English is highly preferred
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which CFF stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Find Events Near You
With more than 70 chapters and offices across the country, it’s easy to find and join a local Cystic Fibrosis Foundation chapter near you.Find Events