Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - Testing Specialist I
School of Graduate, Adult and Extended Studies
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
THIS IS A 100% GRANT FUNDED POSITION
General Description of the Job:
Performs test administration duties as it relates to proctoring, test security, test publishers’ requirements, guidelines associated with test vendor regulations. A primary duty is to oversee all testing in the lab, maintenance of inventory, software installations, test publishers’ updates, trouble shooting, etc. This position is required to be flexible in hours due to mobile testing, evening testing and weekend testing.
An individual must be flexible, task-oriented and satisfactorily perform all essential job functions within a fast-paced environment providing secure exam delivery and superior customer service in a comfortable and friendly environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
1. Understands and complies with all testing procedures.
2. Maintains security of test materials, test results and other sensitive information.
3. Maintain files management procedure for all test vendors.
4. Handle all mobile testing inventories (pre/post).
5. Proctor examinees in the testing lab and perform other test related duties in the proctor lab.
6. Checks in examinees, verifies identification, and explains the exam process.
7. Maintains a secure and noise reduce testing environment.
8. Troubleshooting (computers, printers, other areas).
9. Delivers on-campus and off-site proctoring based on vendor request. .
10. Work unassisted on TSP projects and execute testing duties.
11. Remain up-to-date with training and in-service for all test publishers – testing requirements.
12. Strictly adheres to test vendor policies using careful judgment.
13. Adhere to the standards and guidelines govern by National College Testing Association (NCTA).
14. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual must possess, explain and and/or demonstrate competence levels of essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of a diverse student and candidate population.
2. Must have proctor experience and certifications with test vendors. (i.e. PearsonVUE, CASTLE and etc.).
3. Communicate with supervisors, peers or subordinates through telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
4. Make decisions, solve problems through analysis and evaluation, and identify best solutions and practices.
5. Read technical manuals and apply knowledge.
6. Technical and computer skills.
7. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
8. Customer service experience.
9. Must be available to work some evenings and weekends.
10. 12. Manage multiple tasks and work under pressure.
1. Ability and skills to obtain certifications with test vendors to proctor their exam. (i.e. CASTLE etc.).
2. Ability and skills to follow proctoring protocol and guidelines and test administration set up.
3. Excellent work ethics.
4. Must pass vendor and state background checks to perform mobile testing duties.
The criteria for evaluation in this position include:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of DSU Fundamentals.
2. Must maintain certifications needed to administer appropriate exams.
3. Test security, integrity and standards as governed by National College Testing Association (NCTA).
4. Proctor and Test Administrator vendor certifications.
Note: The University reserves the right to change or reassign job duties as provided in policy and negotiated agreements
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.