Summary: The Donor Relations Coordinator is point person for the integrity and hygiene of the Raiser’s Edge database in support of Donor & Community Relations activities and fundraising goals. He/she is responsible for the accurate and timely entry of constituent and contribution information, preparing acknowledgement letters, and producing internal queries and reports. He/she supports all individual giving mailings, activities and appeals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become an expert user of Heartland Alliance’s policies and procedures for data entry and maintenance in Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online
- Maintain accurate information in Raiser’s Edge databases, through precise data entry, including coding and account information, performance of regular data checks for duplicate, incorrect, and incomplete record information and updates to constituent information from sources such as returned mail
- Record and acknowledge financial and in-kind contributions, and coordinate with Financial Accountability Services on appropriate coding and tracking
- Ensure the accurate recording of grant payments to proposal records in collaboration with grants staff
- Assist with and track event and individual giving appeal mailings
- Support all individual giving activities including events, campaigns, and appeals
- Support annual strategy, including solicitation letters, list management, mailings, and printer
- Complete data pulls and report requests as needed
- Attend and participate in database related user groups
- Serve as a key member of the development staff team at Heartland Alliance events
- Maintain an appropriate professional demeanor toward co-workers, donors, volunteers, program participants, and others
- Continually improve knowledge and skills for the use of department databases and other relevant software to problem solve questions and issues that may arise from colleagues
- Relationship Management – Communicates purposes, goals, timelines, and strategies clearly; Manages multiple stakeholders with varying agendas with respect
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even with dealing with emotional topics.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands, Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with alternative plan.
- 2-3 years of Raiser’s Edge data entry experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications and ability to learn various software programs
- Proven track record of accuracy, efficiency and dependability in data entry required
- Organized and detail oriented
- Customer-service oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to ID patterns, synthesize information and troubleshoot
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Works with limited supervision
- Comfortable in a role based on repetition
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit at a computer monitor for long periods of time. Some travel may be required for trainings or events.