Summary: The Desktop Support Specialist installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, provides technical assistance and training to system users at multiple locations in the metropolitan areas. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives, within the framework outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with user account creations and terminations
- Deploy applications to the Heartland Alliance desktop environment
- Loads operating systems utilizing imaging tools
- Installs and tests software upgrades and hardware configurations
- Assists with documenting of procedures and SOPs
- Assists with management of file shares
- Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on premises.
- Instructs users in use of equipment, software and manuals
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- Monitors ticket queues and serve as first point of contact for technical assistance
- Carry a smart phone to provide 24/7 support for critical situations. While calls outside of regular business hours are infrequent, response to such calls is expected unless advance notice of unavailability has been provided to the Information Technology Operations Director.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree with a technical major or equivalent from a four-year college or university and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or high school diploma and a minimum four years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred experience includes recent work experience in a multi-site, large enterprise environment or for a managed service provider of clients to that scale
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have or be willing to acquire knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft Office\365 and Internet Explorer\Google Chrome. In addition, the ideal candidate will have familiarity with the following systems or comparable systems; ConnectWise (Automate & Manage); Symantec Anti-Virus; Desktop Management Software; and other software applications routinely used by Heartland Alliance
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: The Desktop Support Analyst is expected to engage in regular professional development as directed by management. A+ (CompTIA) certification is required.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to work independently when required without direct supervision.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to key, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Moderate exposure to outdoor elements at all times of year when traveling to and from work sites via public transportation.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
Heartland Alliance makes all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without regard to race, receipt of an order of protection, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, ancestry, national origin, amnesty, physical or mental disability, protected veterans status, genetic information, sexual orientation, immigrant status, political affiliation or belief, use of FMLA, VESSA, military, and family military rights, ex-offender status (depending on the offense and position to be filled), unfavorable military discharge, membership in an organization whose primary purpose is the protection of civil rights or improvement of living conditions and human relations, height, weight, or HIV infection, in accord with the organization's AIDS Policy Statement of September 1987.I,A3303_837_0