Sr. Director, Total Rewards (Compensation, Benefits and HRIS)
We are looking for people to join the Ironwood team who are committed and focused on creating medicines for patients with GI diseases. We have three innovative assets, including our in-market product, LINZESS® (linaclotide) which was discovered in-house and is the branded prescription market leader in its class.
Ironwood is more than just a company; you will join a group of people who come together with their unique perspectives and talents to create medicines that can improve the lives of patients. You will join a supportive, collaborative group of people who challenge each other to think differently, and to find creative approaches to helping patients. You will join a welcoming environment where equality, diversity, and inclusion are integral to who we are and the values we hold as a company. You will join a company where not only what you do is important but also how you do it is equally as important. We challenge each other respectfully because everyone’s opinion matters and we believe that the unique attributes and viewpoints of each team member facilitates the development of innovative ideas that can help us to discover and deliver breakthrough therapies for patients.
If you want to help us build the next great pharmaceutical company please apply!
Ironwood is focusing on accelerating the growth of our marketed product Linzess® (linaclotide) and advancing the development of our innovative pipeline of treatments for GI diseases and abdominal pain. The Sr. Director, Total Rewards will have the opportunity, along with senior management and the Board, to innovate and drive competitive Total Rewards and Benefits programs (including executive comp, sales comp, benefits and wellness programs, etc.) for the newly created organization. We are looking for an innovative, “out of the box” thinker that will create programs and solutions that attract top talent and rewards employee results and performance, aligned with the company philosophy and strategy.
The position also serves as an executive consultant, partnering with the Board, CEO and Senior Leadership team to recommend forward looking, total reward and HRIS solutions. This role provides strategic thought leadership, program support and consulting on all areas of compensation including base pay, incentive compensation, pay equity, recognition programs
- Creates, implements and further develops market-based and culturally-aligned compensation programs based upon company strategy.
- Works closely with Board as primary contact for meeting agendas and material preparation for Compensation Committee in conjunction with legal and finance partners.
- Manages the design, implementation and administration of compensation programs including internal pay and equity, and appropriate practices to analyze Ironwood’s compensation position in the marketplace for all employees and executives.
- Leads the annual salary review process, recommends merit and promotion budgets and annual equity incentives. Administers annual cash incentive plan.
- Develops and administers sales incentive plans, in conjunction with Commercial leadership team.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations including applicable documentation and timely reporting. Maintains a working knowledge of federal and state legislation which may affect compensation, benefit, and immigration policies. Manages statutory requirements relating to ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, and workers’ compensation.
- Leads annual benefit renewal, including meeting with brokers and vendors. Prepares a comprehensive and market competitive program, while working with fiancé to balance budget constraints. Evaluates vendors and fees on an ongoing basis to ensure best-in-class service, quality, and completive fee structures. Drives innovation and efficiencies for our HRIS systems that increases efficiencies and accessibility for the organization. Oversees the design and management of effective wellness strategies that enable the company to keep the cost of healthcare below national and industry averages.
- Owns TT&C information systems; ensures appropriate capacity and integrity of data.
- Integrates compensation and benefit protocols with HR, Finance and Accounting practices, and ensures SOX compliance.
- Evaluates potential areas of concern and develops solutions, while ensuring company compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
- Owns relationships with outside vendors and consultants to assist in benchmarking, analysis and plan design recommendations.
- Directs, guides and develops staff.
- B.S. in a related field, with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in the analysis, design, implementation, communication and administration of total rewards programs. Must have extensive knowledge of state and federal laws related to benefits and compensation plans.
- Professional certifications (CCP, CBP, CEP) preferred.
- Thorough understanding of job classification practices, survey methods, data analysis, spreadsheet and database management applications and HRIS (ensuring data integrity.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and growing environment.
- Ability to work closely with members of the senior executive team as well as build collaborative working relationships with other members of management.
- Excellent judgment, decision making, and problem-solving skills, along with strong communication, organizational, and follow-through skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to articulate an integrated vision and implementation plan for the compensation, benefits, and HRIS components of the position.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong leadership skills balanced with a willingness to play a “hands-on” role. Previous leadership experience in biopharma is preferred.
- Previous public company experience is required.
Ironwood Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer welcoming diversity in our workforce.