Functional Safety Engineer
|Company Order Number:||10076|
|# of openings:||1|
Vacancy: Functional Safety Engineer
Location: Brimsdown and Royston
Job Family: Engineering
Johnson Matthey recruiting for a Functional Safety Engineer who will support both the Royston and Brimsdown sites. Implementation of automation safety management standards and policies with a focus on functional safety.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that delivery of safe automation solutions for the process/machinery domain within the Dual Site EC&I Team. Initially, this will by writing automation safety standards and policies that can be used for both capital and non-capital projects. This will then lead to upgrading existing site systems in line with these new standards.
· Develop and implement long term plans and standards for functional safety & process control improvements.
· Evaluates risks and classifies events in compliance with process safety management standards.
· Guide and train area personnel on process control methodology in order to assist process control improvement efforts.
· Ensure all engineers and technician are competent to perform the functional safety activities allocated to them.
· Support process control related activities of site capital projects.
· Implement recognised standards with regards safety related control functions
· Be the central point of contact for functional and programming safety
· Understand how safety devices and components are assembled, programmed and applied to reduce hazards from machinery and processes so the necessary safety for people and the environment is ensured
· Define Safety Automation and Controls deliverable requirements and approve system designs.
· Leads certain technical aspects of automation projects design and / or implementation.
· Working with the project team and system integrators to deliver the automation strategy.
· Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings, documents, material and equipment specifications.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
· Engineering degree, HNC, or equivalent in Electrical, Control or Instrumentation
· Substantial work experience ideally within a chemical industry.
· Familiar with IEC 61511, IEC 61508, IEC 60204-1, IEC 62061, ISO 13849, ISO 12100.
· Proven knowledge in functional safety (e.g. TUV Functional Safety Certified) and able to
develop functional safety plans, participate in layer of protection analysis studies, develop safety requirement specifications, lead functional safety assessments, verify design calculations, develop or check validation & proof test procedures.
· Demonstrated ability to program PLC (Preferable Control Logix)
· Proven experience working in automation, control industry, and Instrumentation
· Experience of Competency Management for EC & I Specification, Design and Maintenance.
Due to the nature of the site, applicants must be none smokers and free from Nicotine products for at least 3 months.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online –
Closing date for applications: 4 June 2020
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results