Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Manager in our San Jose plant, who will be responsible for leading the Quality Management System (QMS) and driving improvements in overall product quality on site. This includes improving the effectiveness of all processes required in the manufacturing of our Nitinol medical device components. Developing and enhancing focused relationships with our global customers is an imperative.
- Manage and improve the effectiveness of the ISO 9001:2015 certified QMS and report status to the San Jose Site Operations Manager and other members of the Medical Device Components (MDC) Leadership team
- As the main quality liaison for the site, professionally lead all communication exchanges with external parties, including: QMS certification, registrar audits, customer audits, customer surveys, customer investigations, etc.
- Ensure adequate and effective process control and verification of all stages of manufacture to assure all products meet all customer, JM and regulatory requirements.
- Manage all quality laboratories and equipment, ensuring that equipment is regularly calibrated, serviced and maintained.
- Develop and train Quality team to ensure the continued improvement of the quality function
- Identify and lead projects to deliver updates to on site metrology to ensure the site maintains the capability to deliver high quality, precise medical device components
- Coordinate resolution of product and process quality issues using structured problem-solving methods such as 6-Sigma, 6M, or other types of integrated problems solving and root cause analysis.
- Work closely with Engineering and Production teams to develop targeted quality improvement projects on site
- Apply quality engineering and improvement tools to optimize processes and support all process development aspects for new products, processes and equipment.
- Ensure that all operating procedures, manuals and other controlled work instructions are properly prepared, reviewed, approved, controlled, implemented, and amended, as required.
- Develop and champion site wide quality improvement plan, based on both customer and internal data.
- Comply with all Johnson Matthey procedures and local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Strictly follow all equipment installation, operation, and maintenance safety protocols.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 5-10 years supervisory/management experience
- 5 years' experience in an ISO 9001-compliant Quality Management System
- Proficiency in computing, including MS Office and data analysis tools
- Experience with ISO 13485 or detailed experience in leading QMS to automotive or aerospace standards
- Ability to work with and statistically analyse, data
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt certification desirable