Vacancy: Projects and Industrialization Manager
Location: Konin, Poland
Johnson Matthey excels in sustainable technology. We use our scientific know-how to create innovative products that play a crucial part in reducing harmful emissions and improving air quality, helping our customers meet legislative requirements globally. As a supplier of one third of catalysts into the automotive industry around the world, we are playing our part in creating a future for tomorrow.
We are actively recruiting for the Projects and Industrialization Manager to join newly formed JMBM Projects and Industrialization Department. This position is responsible for leading a cross functional technical engineering and project management team to successfully deliver site capex, New Product Introduction (NPI) and industrialization projects.
• Deliver capex budget on time and in full. Deliver capex projects through a structured project management approach to produce measurable benefits with spend on time and the highest levels of safety and risk assessments throughout each project.
• Ensure NPI process complies to IATF 16949 and customer specific requirements.
• Deliver NPI to the site and ensure the complete industrialisation is achieved before handing over to the production teams for ‘standard’ manufacture.
• Preparation and delivery of PPAP documentation in line with customer specific requirements.
• Deploying and continuously improving the site industrialisation process, with clear deliverables, milestones, reporting and governance.
• Ensure all proposed changes are fully assessed through the Management of Change (MoC) process prior to the start of any change.
• Promote early and effective collaboration with Technology and Operations, championing PFMEA to ensure manufacturing feasibility is robust.
• Own FMEA process hand over between Technology, projects and Operations.
• Ultimate technical authority for the site, accountable for standards of new equipment and processes.
• Project engineering leadership to drive discipline, control and communication across all functions. Ensuring effective change management approach aligned with MoC process.
• Develop a high level of professionalism within this area via people development. Develop a quality – oriented, proactive culture based on best practices and collaborative team working.
• Develop teams and strong talent management, succession planning, act as role model and set high expectations for JM Values, Ethics and compliance.
• Establish, maintain and cultivate a Customer focus mindset and excellent Customers Relationships. This includes internal customer and supplier relationships.
• Ensure a safe working environment and personally commit to and deliver Environmental, Health & Safety performance within the assigned area of responsibility.
• Monitors and communicates agreed KPIs, with clear communication and escalation at early stages of any issues. Through a good understanding of the processes, implement improvement and mitigation actions for all project related matters.
Are you the ideal candidate?
• Degree in STEM subject or equivalent professional experience
• Significant experience within a manufacturing environment leading cross functional teams in the delivery of capex and engineering projects.
• Manage diverse teams, multiple disciplines ideally within a matrix structure in fast paced, dynamic workplaces.
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing with demonstrable lean manufacturing understanding.
• Demonstrates experience of safety management (including process safety) in a manufacturing or chemicals business.
• Strong Microsoft Office (or equivalent) and project management tools.
• Operational, pragmatic and result oriented.
• Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced and complex working environment to achieve targets that are given.
• Excellent reporting skills, providing clear, easy to understand reports linking results to agreed KPIs.
• Fluent level of written and spoken Polish and English
• A proactive and resourceful self-starter/ motivator with the ability to work without close direct supervision.
What we offer:
• Labour-law employment,
• Work in international environment with highly qualified specialists,
• Development opportunities,
• Competitive salary,
• Positive and friendly atmosphere,
• Private Medical Care, Multisport Package, Life Insurance,