Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Prepares engines and installs various apparatus and control instrumentation used in test cells for prototype or production engine testing. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
- In a 24/7 operation, follows prescribed test sequences and test parameters as specified in the work order or line-up.
- Monitors the cells during the running of a test, checking temperature, oil pressure, and other readings. Monitors controls and instruments and records test data. Monitor strip charts which checks heat, vacuum, temperature, fuel, air readings, etc.
- Performs engine checks to ensure there are no fuel or oil leaks or engine malfunctions.
- Maintains safe and clean test cells, including removal of oil spills, cleaning floors and windows, etc. Keeps control rooms clean and presentable.
- Maintains proper documentation of engine and test procedures relevant to test parameters.
- Participates in the installation of engines or parts to be tested. Connect valves, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls and indicating instrumentation. Ensure the line hook-ups are orderly and safe.
- Performs engine maintenance as needed.
- Conducts troubleshooting of instrumentation and engines. Pulls appropriate support resources to resolve a problem. Offers solutions using past practices and experience as motivation.
- May write work instructions or test procedures.
- Employee will comply with all Johnson Matthey Hazardous Waste procedures and local, state and federal regulatory requirements
- Must complete daily shift report and notes prior to following shift arriving.
- Utilizes time effectively and remains productive when responsibilities are light.
- Collaboration within unit and others departments/groups is expected.
- Individual can consistently manage personal and company concerns in a professional manner.
- May be required to train new hires upon request.
- Individual demonstrates Johnson Matthey EHS culture and behavioral competencies.
- Capable of lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Capable of standing a minimum of 60% and sitting 40% of the time on duty.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- High School Diploma plus 1-3 years’ experience required or further review/approval from the Operations Supervisor.
- Associates Degree (or equivalent college coursework) or Advanced Training Certificate in related field preferred.
- Basic Math Skills.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Familiar and able to demonstrate standard mechanical concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Fundamental position basics have been mastered.