JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY OF POSITION
The tube technician is responsible to manufacture Nitinol Tube in compliance with Johnson Matthey business practices. The individual must have the ability to arrive at work on time, follow all JM business rules which include but are not limited to Health and Safety, Code of ethics, JM Values, San Jose site specific EH&S and QMS procedures. The individual reports to Tubing Lead/ Tubing Supervisor.
- Follow JM safety principles and contribute to behavioral safety. The use of Personal Protective Equipment as well as the use of applicable machine guarding is a primary responsibility of a tube technician.
- Participate in activities such as behavioral safety programs, safety stand down, department tail gate meetings, etc. that may result in continual improvement, mitigating risks hazards in the production of Nitinol tube.
- Responsible for manufacturing of the Nitinol tube using various equipment, such as draw benches, bull blocks, pedestal grinders, annealing furnaces, pointers, mandrel insertion station, centerless grinder, swaggers etc.
- Tubing technician must be able to use measurement devices, such as laser micrometers, calipers, rulers for dimensions and microscopes for visual inspection.
- Accurate completion of documentation such as travelers, records, forms as required to manufacture tube.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- The employee will be working in areas with high levels of noise, in addition to oils, grease, solvents, metal shavings, and grinding debris. The temperature is generally average, but can vary depends on weather.
- Will be expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, with additional hours worked as dictated by production demand.
- Maintains work area in a clean, orderly, and safe condition including organization of tools and supplies.
- May be assigned to work with chemicals and hazardous wastes. Specialized training will be provided as needed.
- May be asked to perform preventive maintenance on equipment. Training will be provided.
- The employee stands or walks 7 hours or more in a given day. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to talk and hear.
- This positon requires the ability to use both hands regularly in a non-repetitive motion for 7-8 hours per day. The position requires the ability to frequently lift 10-20 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - HS Diploma or GED
LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to communicate in English
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - As essential to basic job needs and requirements. Must know addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and must be able to work with decimals
Able to communicate effectively
Able to understand and follow directions