This position performs a variety of job functions with the end result of samples catalyst manufacture for new product introduction or service catalyst manufacture, for vehicles which are no longer in mass production. The incumbent will prepare substrate for processing, as well as prepare washcoat and impregnation solution batches. They will perform all coating processes, and also monitor all relevant coating and equipment process parameters. The incumbent will be responsible for the calculation of all precious and base metal loadings, as well as the completion and maintenance of all written and electronic records. They will also be responsible for precious metal inventory, housekeeping duties, and following all safety and health rules.
This technician grade must have become proficient in at least 2 of the following job tasks to reach this level, and the incumbent must become proficient in performing at least 6 of the following job tasks to progress to the next level:
- Gasoline Samples Coating
- Gasoline Service Coating
- Diesel Samples Coating
- Diesel Service Coating
- Conventional Washcoating
- Conventional Impregnation
- Gasoline Batching
- Diesel Batching
- Shipment and Quality Paperwork
- Packaging for Shipment
- Substrate Inventory and Staging
- Forklift Operation
- Prepare substrate for processing.
- Prepare and complete all order paperwork including data collection.
- Calculation of coating solution compositions and adjustments.
- Prepare coating solutions and washcoat batches; PGM and non PGM containing.
- Set-up and operation of all processing equipment. Assist in equipment malfunction troubleshooting.
- Know and understand customer requirements and specifications to apply them to order.
- Responsible for maintenance of inventory and assist in major inventory activities
- Responsible for the operation of analytical equipment. (solids, x-ray, viscosity, pH, etc. )
- Stamp, label, and package finished product for release to QC or shipment to the customer.
- Understand and practice 5S and good housekeeping principles.
- Understand and apply TS16949 and ISO14001 principles from relevant training and procedures.
- Assist in troubleshooting process and problems with order completion.
- Perform assigned pilot plant responsibilities.
- Help to train new technicians and assist in cross training of fellow technicians.
- Work toward assigned goals and objectives
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will need:
- Post high school training with 2-4 years production experience.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry is a plus.
- General troubleshooting skills, solid math skills including algebra, the ability to work with general supervision, and ability to follow instructions with some variation in routine.
- Experience with using Excel or other spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.