The Life Science Technologies (LST) business unit of Johnson Matthey’s New Market Sector focuses on serving the pharmaceutical, agrochemical and fine chemical markets. Technologies include primarily platinum group metal (PGM) based catalytic systems, specialty ligands and their application in various chemical transformations.
- Implementation of existing batch processes into continuous manufacturing.
- Development of lab-scale proof of concept continuous platforms for existing batch processes and subsequent scale-up to a production environment.
- Develop novel and unique continuous manufacturing procedures for new PGM based catalytic systems, in conjunction with Research and Development Team.
- Development and optimization of new and existing batch processes, technology transfer to production areas (pilot plant or commercial manufacturing), implementation of process improvements (both technically and procedurally) and production support/troubleshooting.
- Special consideration is given to candidates who demonstrate skill in enhancing safety (EHS) culture, quality, and productivity.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- BS in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering with 3-5 years of experience or MS in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering with 1-2 years of experience or PhD with research topic focused on flow chemistry or related topic.
- Experience with continuous manufacturing or flow chemistry is a must.
- Industrial Experience would be advantageous.
- Willing to enhancing understanding of continuous manufacturing held by Process Development Team through teaching and coaching.
- Excellent organizational and chemical hygiene skills are a must.
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills are crucial.
- Experience working in a multi-discipline team environment is highly preferred.
- Strong work and scientific ethics are required.
- Highly motivated, safety oriented, self-driven individual to plan and execute laboratory work to meet deadlines is also required.