The Life Science Technologies (LST) business unit of Johnson Matthey’s New Market Sector focusses on serving the pharmaceutical, agrochemical and fine chemical markets. Our products include an extensive line of novel palladium coupling catalysts, a major chiral technologies platform combining biocatalysis and asymmetric hydrogenation and supported heterogeneous precious and base metal catalysts. These products and technologies are developed from concept all the way to production quantities at Johnson Matthey’s various plants in the UK, USA and India.
LST are looking to enhance the team with a Demand / Supply Coordinator. This role will work closely with ENR planning-supply chain teams at West Deptford and Royston to develop robust and efficient process to ensure forecast can be met. Working closely with LST Commercial and customer service teams to understand the forecast and ensure appropriate Production capacity to meet customer needs. Identifying gaps and opportunities to support business growth.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the ENR supply chain team and ensure there is efficient and robust process to communicate LST Production needs
- Liaise with the Customer Service team and Sales Managers, develop, manage and maintain production scheduling processes and LST forecast; and ensure the production schedules fully meet Customer requirements and are communicated, displayed and tracked
- Identify any issues, risks and opportunities to meeting LST production needs and communicate and escalating as appropriate to collaborate on recommending appropriate solution
- Produces and updates a detailed demand plan with a 24 month view for LST to ensure Production sites have up-to-date views and can plan accordingly to meet customer needs
- Establishes forecast review process with Commercial Director and sales team, and revises plans as required. Review documents, including but not limited to production schedules to determine what orders should be prioritized
- Revise production schedules LST priorities when required due to customer demand or material shortages, back logs or other interruptions collaborating with management sales and ENR production
- Manage safety stock levels in accordance with customer requirements.
- Manages the volume forecast and liases with finance to support Commercial Director in ensuring visibility on the financial forecast. Works alongside finance function with specific accountability for interacting with the ENR sites and ensuring production schedules meet LST volume need
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Relevant Degree, or equivalent experience, in a manufacturing, commercial or supply chain
- Experience with Quality Assurance and Control policies and has the ability to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- The job holder will need to have a strong passion and enthusiasm for developing processes to create value for the business, using IT to simplify and develop insights, supply chain improvement and customer focus.
- Be someone who thrives in an environment of change but is able to work on the detailed routine planning activity with conflicting priorities and a fast pace
- Tenacious and persuasive with strong influencing skills
- Strong communicator, comfortable presenting technical data to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work autonomously under pressure, managing their own time to enable the meeting of deadlines for goals and objectives.
- The ability to distil and present complex issues into simple overviews, proposals, justifications and actions for an audience varying from operators to business executives, including detailed analysis of sensitivities and risks.
- Ability to build relationships across the business and gain improved understanding.