This position will provide HR training and administrative generalist support for our manufacturing plant located in Smithfield, PA. The incumbent will be responsible for providing proactive HR support in such areas as training development and coordination, recruitment, payroll, and policy/procedure development and implementation.
- Comply with all environmental & health and safety federal, state, local regulations and company policies.
- Coordinate training by identifying/assigning training to appropriate trainers/coaches, in line with Smithfield’s training plan.
- Continually focus on improving and optimizing on-the-job training.
- Ensure that all technical training requirements are supported by the current, accurate policies and standard operating procedures. This will require liaising with production management and other trainers to ensure training is consistent.
- Conduct specific technical training in areas of competency.
- Responsible for processing and reconciling payroll for Smithfield and supporting payroll functions at Johnson Matthey Testing.
- Be the subject-matter expert for Kronos timekeeping system and provide support to other JM locations as needed.
- Coordinate and participate in New Employee Orientation (NEO), and continually look for ways to enhance the process.
- Provide regular training progress reports to management team and others as appropriate.
- Assist in the design and implementation of career development plans.
- Provide recruitment and employee relations assistance as needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures.
- Distribute information on and explain benefits programs such as health, dental, retirement, pension, life, disability, and tuition reimbursement to employees.
- Additional departmental responsibilities as assigned. This may include human resource audits, salary review process, job fairs and college recruitment.
- Perform other duties as required.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- BS in Human Resources or a related field.
- 3-5 years Human Resource Generalist experience preferred, ideally in an advanced technology manufacturing environment.
- Self-motivated and be able to demonstrate the ability to work on an independent basis
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products required.
- Knowledge of online applicant system a plus.
- Knowledge of basic payroll rules is preferred.