Software Controls Engineer
|Company Order Number:||7748|
|# of openings:||1|
Vacancy: Software and Controls Engineer
Salary: Up to £53,000 + Bonus and pension up to 22.5%
Job Family: Engineering.
We are currently looking for a Software and Controls Engineer to fill an exciting and vital role within the business. The incumbent will work within the Maintenance Team and reporting to the Lead Engineer (LE), the Software/Controls Engineer (SCE) is responsible for designing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment and software on PLC and SCADA systems, which are used to monitor and control the plant systems at Royston. The majority of your time will be spent on software orientated tasks, including repairs, calibration, fault finding, and testing of Logic coding, but will also include minor project work, including HAZOP studies, and project meetings to insure we achieve hand over of systems that are right first time.
The successful candidate will be required to work an 8-hour day shift pattern Monday to Friday.
This is an exciting role within the business and the successful candidate would be responsible for the following.
· Provide expert knowledge of PLC systems, JM preferred is Omron and Allen-Bradley
· Provide expert knowledge of SCADA systems, JM preferred is Wonderware and Allen-Bradley.
· Supporting the projects teams at initial design stages to offer advice on the selection of software and controls equipment to ensure improved levels of plant reliability and maintainability, designing, developing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment and software as required.
· Implement and continually review the controls strategy to ensure business needs, both current and future are maintained and developed.
· Implement recognised standards with regards alarm management and safety related control functions so that process safety is delivered.
· Interpreting technical drawings for planning, executing and specifying material to support job duties.
· Provide support to technicians carrying out ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 accreditations when needed.
· Taking ownership of own training and development plans, and delivering these into the team’s training matrix, this will help to develop your own skills, but help in upskilling the technical team with regards to technology changes, and system updates, and the changing needs of the business
· Responsible for contractors you bring onto site and their adherence to JM standards and performance requirements in your area of remit, escalating any issues necessary.
· Ongoing monitoring and maintenance of the controls network infrastructure
· Maintenance and update of malware counter measures on the controls network.
Are you the ideal candidate?
· Qualifications/ knowledge/ experience
· (Technical/ professional knowledge and skills competency)
· Hold a formal Electronic/controls qualification such as Degree, HNC/HND or equivalent recognised training
· Have skills in Programmable logic controllers (PLC) (Omron, Allen Bradley), and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) & preferably experience with Wonderware
· ECI experience in a large-scale manufacturing/chemical facilities/plant within a software/controls function
· Experience in network infrastructure, architecture and administration
· Knowledge and experience with the following: Windows server 2008,2012 and 2016, Microsoft SQL server 2000,2008 and 2012, Active directory, Terminal services and Thin client architecture, MS licencing
· Ability to read and understand Instrument and electrical drawings
· Good understanding of Hazardous areas and its identification DSEAR/ATEX would be an advantage
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least three months.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. A full job description is available on request from UKRecruit@matthey.com. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Closing date for application: 14th December 2019.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results