Vacancy: Internal Communications Manager
Location: Royston / London
A little about us
Johnson Matthey is the global leader in sustainable technologies, applying our cutting edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. Our science and research helps to reduce pollution, relieve pain, restore hearing and boost crops.
Behind all of this, we’re an international business made up of many extraordinary parts. We have been in business for over 200 years. From a single office in London in 1817, we've built a global presence with significant operations in more than 30 countries. We support our customers' needs from 43 major manufacturing sites all around the globe, providing consistency and quality wherever they are.
Johnson Matthey employees own what they do. We take the initiative, seek clarity and demand high standards from ourselves and our colleagues. We encourage collaboration inside JM and out, sharing and embracing diverse viewpoints and tackle problems together.
Our focus is to protect people and the planet. We do the right thing, for people and for the world. We do what we say we’ll do, expect the same of each other and speak up when there’s a problem. We place importance on relationships internally and externally, treating others with respect and care.
Effectively communicate to and engage our employees globally in the delivery of JM, New Markets and Battery Materials strategies and change programmes. Create and deliver global internal communication programmes in New Markets and Battery Materials to connect, engage and inspire employees and help them clearly understand how individually they play an instrumental part in the success of the Sector and JM. Support and deploy JM Group Communications strategy and programmes at a Sector level, including those to embed the JM brand.
- Responsible for developing, leading and implementing the Sectors’ global internal communications strategies and plans to support delivery of the Sectors’ and wider JM’s business strategy and priorities, including the shift towards a more collaborative JM.
- Translate the Sectors’ business strategy into integrated communications campaigns to engage employees and enable them to understand their role in individually and collectively contributing to the strategy.
- Work with HR to deliver and embed a range of strategic HR and change communications deliverables including those relating to the employee engagement survey and change programme initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships and become a trusted adviser on internal communications, providing guidance and coaching to managers and senior leaders as required to support global/local team communications and transcending down of Sector and key messages
- Responsible for the creation of engaging, brand-led content across a range of channels. Ensure communications are disseminated effectively through appropriate channels and in a timely manner to defined audiences, including implementing new channels where needed.
- Advise on internal communications messages - methods and channels to ensure they are clear, consistent and targeted for employee audiences
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of communications
- Work with Group Communications to align on internal communications and to develop content for corporate programmes - contribute to develop a robust and reliable global communication network across JM
- Ensure internal communications are consistent and compliant with JM’s communication guidelines and branding
- Handle the internal communication protocol in the event of a crisis, liaising with Group Corporate Communications, senior management and Group legal where necessary
- Measure the impact of communication and engagement activity against objectives
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Be educated to degree level and/or have commensurate experience in communications, engagement, events and project management
- Have significant experience of developing organisational objectives into communications and engagement deliverables for targeted activities across a range of different channels and media platforms
- Have excellent writing, copywriting, editing, and proofreading skills
- Have experience of working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Have experience of new technologies including all typical office applications, Microsoft SharePoint based websites/portals, Yammer, Photoshop or similar
- Be fluent in English
- Be highly organised
- Have high energy with the drive and enthusiasm to make things happen
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously but also collaboratively within a team environment whilst prioritising and balancing conflicting demands
- Have a collaborative, consultative, inclusive working style, with the gravitas and ability to work with and positively influence senior leaders and audiences throughout the organisation
Closing date for applications: 22nd April 2019
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.