Perform chemical testing of raw materials, intermediates, and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in support of process research, discovery research, GMP production, and stability testing. Prepares method development and generalized process development. Responsible for utilizing common analytical techniques such as: HPLC, GC, LC-MS, KF, FTIR, NMR, and wet chemical methods such as titrations. Execute advanced analysis, method development, and project management with minimal supervision.
- As a lead QC analyst, independently conducts analyses, interprets results, and develops solutions.
- Develops efficient and timely project objectives. Detects and evaluates problems with analytical processes and contribute in developing methods and techniques for solutions to those problems.
- Sets up, troubleshoots, and makes adjustments to laboratory equipment.
- Detects problems in using standardized procedures.
- Performs laboratory analyses and experiments with no supervision.
- Prepares scientific reports and documents.
- Reviews other team member’s analytical data for tests.
- Interacts with internal and external clients.
- Serves as a technical lead on projects and provides direction to various levels of chemists. May supervise daily work and performance of chemists.
- Prepares high quality written documents including generation and revision of SOPs and other GMP documents.
- Provides technical advice to team members, and other Johnson Matthey Pharma Services (JMPS) departments.
- Guides, mentors, coaches junior analysts during analysis.
- Trains junior analyst and contributes to the technical growth and continuous improvement of the department
- Develops technical proficiency, thinks independently, exercises sound judgments that correspond with experience, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Performs testing for the qualification of reference standards.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- BS in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent with 5-7 years related experience in a pharmaceutical industry.
- MS in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent with 3-5 years related experience in a pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with common analytical techniques such as: HPLC, GC, NMR, UV, LC-MS.
- Experience communicating effectively to management.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret English-language chemical periodicals, scientific journals, and regulatory documents.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical reports.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and statistical software.
- Demonstrate ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions quickly.