Projects Mechanical Engineer
|Company Order Number:||8172|
|# of openings:||1|
Vacancy: Project Mechanical Engineer
Job Family: Engineering.
Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Efficient Natural Resources is an autonomous business, one of four sectors within Johnson Matthey, with revenues of circa £1 billion (circa £7 billion including precious metals) and operations worldwide.
Platinum Group Metal Services (PGMS) is one of four businesses within the Efficient Natural Resources Sector that manages, distributes, refines and recycles precious metals and fabricates products using precious metals and related materials. The business unit also manufactures platinum group metals, minor metal compounds, organometallics and fine metal powders for high technology applications, as well as providing a range of management services for platinum group metals.
Initially working as part of the detailed design team within the process engineering function, you will:
· Ensure mechanical equipment is effectively integrated during the design phase
· Check and approve key project drawings
· Ensure all relevant specification documents are prepared in adherence to international standards / codes of practice
· Lead mechanical dialogue with external parties, including equipment vendors
The role will eventually progress into the installation, commissioning and start-up phases of the project, whereby you will:
· Ensure thorough testing is completed in line with required standards
· Support the development of the maintenance strategy for the facility
· Assist with troubleshooting during commissioning and start-up
Effective communication with key stakeholders is essential at all stages.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
· Degree or HND qualification in mechanical engineering, or equivalent
· Experience in working in an EPC environment from design, through to commissioning
· Extensive experience in equipment specification and design for chemical process (or pharmaceutical) plants, particularly for solids handling applications
· Comprehensive understanding of general mechanical design standards
· Understanding of the machinery safety directive and experience with ensuring compliance will be beneficial
· Experience with compliance to stringent containment levels is also beneficial
· High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot
· Delivery focussed to business-critical timescales and able to work under pressure. Demonstrated experience of project delivery to a customer-driven deadline would be an advantage.
· Must be a flexible, team player with strong communication skills.
· Accommodating of moderate levels of domestic and international travel.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. A full job description is available on request from UkRecruit@matthey.com. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online – MyJM
Closing date for applications: 1 December 2019
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results