Vacancy: Manufacturing Systems Analyst – Quality (LIMS)
Location: West Deptford, NJ
The Manufacturing Systems Analyst -Quality (LIMS) will be part of the MOM CoE providing ongoing functional and development support for the Labware LIMS applications solutions to ensure that current and future business requirements are met.
- Work with Quality process owners / experts to enhance the value delivered to the business through continuous improvement of business processes, focused upon better use of application solutions and associated data / information.
- Provide 3rd level support to the business users of applications within the role’s scope jurisdiction, via tickets received from the BIS Service Desk. These include Service Requests, Incident, and Application Change Requests. These will be managed according to the service levels agreed for the applications in question.
- Scope out, estimate and impact/risk assess Application Change Requests, to enable effective prioritisation / investment decisions.
- Configure application functionality to meet agreed business requirements within area of specialism.
- Draft user requirement specifications, functional specifications and technical design documentation necessary for solution configuration and/or bespoke developments, allowing changes to be delivered by BIS and/or 3rd Party Software Engineering teams.
- Assist business MOM solution administrators (where they exist within the business) with simple, business-led coding and configuration, taking on more complex requirements when they arise.
- Plan, prepare and execute systems, integration and other staged testing, required to confirm readiness of developed changes for release to live production environments.
- Support Quality process experts in execution of User Acceptance & Regression Testing, guiding and advising as necessary, whilst not taking away business accountability for completion.
- Represent application changes through the BIS Change & Release governance processes, as required, maintaining the BIS Configuration Management Database (CMDB) as necessary.
- As necessary, work as a member of application project teams, to provide continuity of JM solution, application landscape and data knowledge in order to strengthen the delivered solutions.
- Works with Quality Service owner(s) to maintain appropriate application role-based security profiles, in order to achieve the correct balance between process efficiency and adequate business controls necessary to manage business risk.
- Oversee deployment of application package patches and upgrades, working with technical staff to apply changes as necessary.
- Participate in continuous service improvement, knowledge management and other processes focused upon improving overall service performance, as required by the BIS Operations function.
- Supports in the selection of application vendors, solutions and associated implementation partners, helping to assess versus JM requirements, including security and risk assessments as required.
- Supports the business process experts / super-user community in knowledge transfer, skills and competency improvement activities.
- Works with BIS Product Manager, Solution Architect and Enterprise Architecture team to shape application roadmaps to drive overall simplification and rationalisation objectives.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
- Ensure that at all times company Policies, Standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are adhered to.
- As a member of the global BIS community you will be a champion of the function’s values and culture, while demonstrating and openly encouraging the behaviours expected from a professional, best in-class IT team.
- National/International travel may be required in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- This role will be required to participate in the Major Incident Management process which may mean out of hours participation in incident resolution and service restoration.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Prior experience of delivering and supporting application solutions for the business process specialisms defined as the scope for the role
- Experience in LIMS or ELN systems, specifically Labware LIMS
- Be an experienced Labware LIMS professional who has worked on delivery of changes and enhancements
- Have excellent manufacturing analysis skills in a highly regulated industry e.g. chemical, manufacturing or pharmaceutical
- Knowledge of Project Management (Prince2/PMP), Requirement Gathering, and Agile methodologies desired
- Industrial / Quality engineering experience in line within one or more of the application domains in scope of role desired