Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specializing in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health.
This position is responsible for certain accounting activities relative to the following areas: payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, fixed assets, cost analysis and management reporting. Additionally, this position assists in the preparation of journal entries, account analyses and reconciliations that support month-end closing procedures.
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing of time entry and related reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of journal entries, account analyses and reconciliation in support of month-end closing procedures; ensuring timely and accurate reporting.
- Track analyse and account for capital expenditures.
- Responsible for inventory cycle count processing and analysis.
- Research and gather financial data on new and/or existing customers for determination of credit worthiness.
- Monitor accounts receivable collections. Perform collection calls as necessary.
- Assist accounts payable with receipt and/or invoice discrepancies.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records of all transactions and providing financial information to all departments and the handling of supervisor/manager inquiries.
- Interface with other departments within the organization to facilitate compliance with group financial policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation of supporting schedules and documentation of account balances for annual audit and tax return.
- Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in documentation of accounting and internal control procedures.
- Complete various outside agency reports as necessary.
- Performs other duties as required.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- B.S. in Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in Finance
- A good understanding of GAAP and IFRS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Comfortable working as a team
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines desirable
- Open to change