Process Safety Engineer
|Company Order Number:||8617|
|# of openings:||1|
Vacancy: Process Safety Engineer
Location: Royston and Brimsdown
Job Family: Engineering.
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health, but that’s not enough. We have ambitious plans for growth and need talented individuals to help shape and lead us into our next century.
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our Efficient Natural Resources sector. We are looking for a Process Safety Engineer to join our team. This role provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience laying the foundations and framework of a process safety management system and supporting the development and implementation of the Process Safety Management strategy for Platinum Group Metals Services (PGMS) Europe. You will act as a technical lead in process safety and support the development of Engineering Standards.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator who can influence, facilitate, and lead by taking the initiative in problem solving within a team environment. This will include collaborating across the customer base to steer process design and across the function to bring best practice. Supporting Capital Projects programme £30m projects.
· Drive PGMS Europe strategy to ensure compliance with Control Of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) Regulations
· Populate register of all Process Safety related activities on site, ensuring PHRs/SILS/FMEAs are in place with associated “Basis of Safety” guidance for each process
· Maintain a “technical authority” register for Process Safety and competency against Process Safety in line with the Corporate and Divisional requirements
· Support a program of training in place for Process Safety, delivering training as and when required against set program
· Ensure that site maintains a register of “Safety Critical Devices”
· Completion of base line assessments for PUWER and corrective action plans
· Implementation of a corrective action plan for DSEAR / ATEX compliance
· Review and update of standards for purchasing equipment in relation to machine safety directive
· Devise and implement engineering standards for R&CE incorporating best practice from other sites
Are you the ideal candidate?
· Chemical/ Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent experience
· Experience working in a process environment (chemical / oil & gas)
· Experience in writing and implementation of new policies
· Good knowledge and understanding of DSEAR & ATEX, PUWER and/or machine safety directive, pressure relief philosophy pressure relief calculations
· Good understanding of EHS legislation, codes of practices and standards
· Good understanding of Hazard Study methodologies (HAZOP / LOPA etc)
· Demonstrable ability to influence and persuade others to take appropriate actions
· Skilled and confident communicator who can clearly present ideas and solutions
· Resilience to work under sustained pressure in a challenging environment
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. A full job description is available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online –
Closing date for applications: 30th August 2019
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results