Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specializing in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health.
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate modification, installation and calibration of electrical and instrumentation systems and scales; PCS (DCS) and computer maintenance management systems at this facility, including appropriate documentation. This position is required to install, maintain, inspect, certify, troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment, instruments and systems, including 120V, 480V and 2300V in high-hazard classified areas in accordance with National Electric Code.
- Maintains computers and software packages relevant to the design, modification, installation and calibration of electrical and instrumentation systems; PCS (DCS) and computer maintenance management systems.
- Trouble shooting and root cause analysis to independently resolve problems.
- With minimal supervision install, maintain, inspect, certify, troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment, instruments and systems, including 120V, 480V and 2300V in high-hazard classified areas in accordance with NEC.
- Interacts with internal and external engineers and vendors to design, evaluate, purchase and install new instrumentation and assists in the design/redesign of major facilities systems.
- Designs, fabricates and installs new systems and equipment or modifies existing equipment to meet changing project applications
- Calibrate and certify instruments and scales; tests and certifies PCS/DCS systems; conducts routine checks of alarms and interlocks.
- Works on projects with other departments to analyze instrument and electrical needs for new equipment.
- Trains new employees in the department on procedures, work instructions, and requirements.
- Written communication skills to prepare Standard Operation Procedures.
- Organizational skills to maintain documentation in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency and self-assuredness in applying cGMP standards.
- Applies cGMP concepts in association with department specific responsibilities.
- Ensures all documentation produced follows cGMP standards.
- Responsible for contributing to audit readiness and for participating in quality audits with FDA, other Regulatory Agencies and customers, as needed.
- Ensures work follows all state and federal regulations, including but not limited to GMP, DEA, FDA, etc.
- Follows and abides by all EH&S policies, practices, and procedures in association with department specific responsibilities.
- Demonstrates technical and procedural proficiency and self-assuredness in applying EH&S standards.
- Responsible for contributing to audit readiness and for participating in EH&S audits with internal Company groups, regulatory agencies, and customers.
- Responsible for reporting all near misses, accidents, and dangerous occurrences through the appropriate Company procedures to ensure an investigation is initiated.
- Cooperate with all root cause investigations and follow corrective actions and compliance with Company policies and procedures, and all state and federal regulations occurs within department.
- Support the Company’s commitment for environmental health & safety by applying ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, and Sustainability 2017 principals into daily activities.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- High School Diploma; Technical School/College or apprenticeship Journeyman Certification
- Minimum 5 years of experience in industrial maintenance desirable
- Must understand single-line diagrams, ladder logic, process & instrument diagrams, etc
- Must be familiar with National Electrical Code (NEC), including high-hazard classifications
- Ability to work collaboratively with vendors, engineers and site personnel to design and modify equipment and systems to meet cGMP, OHSA and NEC standards
- Written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Walking, standing for long periods of time