Prepares engines and installs various apparatus and control instrumentation used in test cells for prototype or production engine testing. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
- In a 24/7 operation, follows prescribed test sequences and test parameters as specified in the work order or line-up.
- Monitors the cells during the running of a test, checking temperature, oil pressure, and other readings. Monitors controls and instruments and record test data. Monitor strip charts which checks heat, vacuum, temperature, fuel, air readings, etc.
- Performs engine checks to ensure there are no fuel or oil leaks or engine malfunctions.
- Maintains safe and clean test cells, including removal of oil spills, cleaning floors and windows, 5S of work areas and toolboxes, etc. Keeps control rooms clean and presentable.
- Maintains proper documentation of engine and test procedures relevant to test parameters.
- Participates in the installation of engines or parts to be tested. Connect valves, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls and indicating instrumentation. Ensure the line hook-ups are orderly and safe.
- Performs engine maintenance as needed.
- Conducts troubleshooting of instrumentation and engines. Pulls appropriate support resources to resolve a problem.
- May write work instructions or test procedures.
- Employee will comply with all Johnson Matthey Hazardous Waste procedures and local, state and federal regulatory requirements
- Must complete daily shift report and notes prior to following shift arriving. Must comply with shift changeover procedure.
- Good verbal communication skills (i.e.: with other employees, both with-in the current shift and the other shifts, persons in other departments, etc)
- Individual complies with Johnson Matthey EHS culture and behavioral competencies.
- Capable of lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Capable of standing a minimum of 60% and sitting 40% of the time on duty.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- High School Diploma required.
- Preferred experience in the testing environment.
- General knowledge of mechanical concepts, practices and procedures preferred.
- Basic Math Skills required.
- Basic Computer Skills required.
- Verbal and written communication skills.