Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specializing in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health.
In this very important role, the Sales Operations Associate will be responsible for supporting the global sales organization in winning new business and driving performance by managing data capture and reporting on KPI’s. The role requires regular communication with the sales team as well as other departments within JM. This role will require strong analytical thinking skills, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to break down barriers and form strong collaborative relationships.
- Help to create KPIs and optimize tracking against existing KPI’s for measuring performance, highlighting trends, and analysing variances.
- Assists sales leadership with data analysis at an organizational and team level.
- Responsible for creating new and optimizing existing processes.
- Supports new business bid activity from lead to opportunity close by researching potential leads, entering data required for new RFPs, Accounts, Contacts, Contracts and Opportunities into a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Works closely with the sales team and manages all active proposals throughout the proposal pipeline, including but not limited to maintaining shared proposal tracking sheet and client folders; populating standardized proposal templates for Evaluators; entering products, pricing and forecasting information for all Opportunities; preparing client-facing documents to support sales team members; facilitating the contract signature process; issuing client correspondence; and uploading documents to various databases.
- Facilitates weekly Proposal Review meeting and bi-weekly revenue forecast meeting with key personnel.
- Updates Revenue Forecast for all issued proposals, change orders or lost/won proposals in a timely manner.
- Within CRM, consistently ensures data quality and thoroughness is maintained at a high level. Audits data from time to time to ensure data is up-to-date. Solicits information from sales team members to update database as needed.
- Sets priorities and accurately performs work assignments in accordance with established procedures and deadlines.
- Coordinates on and off-site conference/meeting, schedules/logistics, travels with the team off site as appropriate.
- Confirms and submits expense reports for the members of the Commercial team as assigned.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Other related tasks as may be required.
- BA in Business Administration, Sales/Marketing or equivalent with minimum of 2 years of sales operations experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
- Robust data analysis skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to professionally communicate with all levels of the organization as well as external clients and contacts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities, with a demonstrated aptitude to exercise good judgment, discretion and initiative
- Ability to work independently with strong decision-making skills
- Must be flexible, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Skills/Experience Valued but not required:
- Similar experience in a related industry position.
- Experience performing data entry and running reports within a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Knowledge of various contracts (CDA, MSA, Supply Agreements, Proposal, Appendix)
- Knowledge of company products/services, market and competitors