Mechanical Design Engineer
|Company Order Number:||8936|
|# of openings:||1|
Vacancy: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Sonning Common
Job Family: Engineering.
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people and use science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health. We have ambitious plans for growth and need talented individuals to help shape and lead us into our next century.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to work as a Mechanical Design Engineer , to design and develop mechanical and P&ID systems for both new and modified Test Rigs within the Engineering team.
· Working with Scientists and others from the Engineering Team to establish requirements
· Preparing Mechanical and P&ID Specifications
· Designing and Drawing Components, Systems and Assemblies
· Risk Assessments of designs and Systems
· Preparing Panel Layouts
· Producing Mechanical Bills of Materials
· Designing specialist Systems where required
· Building test Rigs and assemblies
· Preparation and Maintenance of “as built” Rig Documentation
· Liaising with both the Electrical and Software Design teams and the Mechanical Engineering Workshop
· Providing guidance and assistance to Rig Build Technicians.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have/be:
· A qualified mechanical Engineer
· Working knowledge of CE regulations including standards for machinery, pressure systems, and guarding
· Experience in CAD
· Experience in the design and building of P&ID circuits
· Experience in automatically controlled equipment
· Knowledge of electrical and Instrumentation systems
· Experience of safe pipe working practices
· Experience in project management techniques
· Some experience in the design of mechanical systems for test rigs or special purpose machines
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written
· The motivation and commitment to work in a team environment, delivering projects on time.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. A full job description is available on request from UKRecruit@matthey.com. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online – MyJM
Closing date for applications: 1 December 2019
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results