Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specializing in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health.
The purpose of the Stability Supervisor is to ensure that the stability program is maintained safely and right the first time. They also assist the QC Manager in ensuring the execution of departmental objectives which includes staff development.
- Assign daily tasks to the stability chemists to meet stability testing schedule.
- Maintain safety and quality systems in a state of audit readiness.
- Works with cross-functional teams (production, quality assurance, regulatory, commercial, project management, etc.) to support product campaigns defining stability requirements.
- Leads laboratory investigations, identifying root causes and enacting effective CAPAs to improve overall laboratory performance (%RFT).
- Develops direct reporting chemists through goal setting, performance management with regular review (i.e. 1 on1 meetings).
- Reviews analytical data as required and writes necessary reports, this includes stability summary reports.
- Executes safety initiatives in the laboratory to maintain and improve work environment.
- Updates relevant SOPs along with evaluation of current and new equipment or use in the laboratory.
- Involved with laboratory audits through laboratory walkthroughs responding to auditor request/questions.
- Implements and applies cGMP concepts in association with department specific responsibilities.
- Helps QC Manager develop yearly budget and CAPEX plan to support future lab equipment and resource needs.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related science
- Minimum of 5 years cGMP laboratory experience
- Minimum of 3 years stability program experience
- Proficiency in standard QC laboratory equipment (HPLC, GC, FTIR, UV, KF, etc.) desirable
- Adept at report writing and root cause analysis desirable
- Background in data trending desirable
- Supervisory experience/leading teams desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively with impact internally and externally
- Builds collaborative relationships cross-departmentally
- Seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
- Able to make decisions after evaluating current laboratory workload
- Adaptability due to changing production demands due to customer needs