Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specializing in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health.
To develop and maintain scope, budget, and schedule requirements for projects that involved new/modified equipment, systems, and facilities both capital and non-capital. Supervise and direct the design, installation, start-up and debug of new modified equipment and systems. On occasion, provides support in area of expertise to other sites in the region and/or sector.
- Conduct and direct studies to determine requirements of new/modified equipment, systems, and facilities both capital and non-capital.
- Develop or supervises the development of project scope reports, equipment specifications, bid requests, schedule, cost estimates, appropriation requests, and project status reports.
- Prepare and/or reviews and approves all purchase requisitions, bid tabulations, vendor or internal prints and design drawings as needed.
- Selects and interfaces with contractors and vendors to ensure timely design and construction of equipment and systems.
- Supervise and/or direct the design, installation, start up and debug of new/modified equipment and facilities.
- Controls and monitors project costs and schedules and issues summary reports on it.
- Responsible for ensuring safety on the job and providing inherently safe designs. All installation and designs should comply with local codes, the National Electrical Code and OSHA to ensure the safety of personnel and equipment facilities.
- Responsible for the coordination of all training, which may be required for all new/modified plant equipment. May be responsible for writing operation procedures, repair procedures, PM procedures, etc. as required.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate close out of the projects to include; technical/operating manuals, as built drawings, inputting of project information into the Plant Engineering data base and proper addition of project items to the plant asset register.
- Maintain awareness of company and industry best practice within area of expertise and drive its implementation where appropriate. This may involve participation on global design teams and projects.
- Take on any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field with at least 8 years of industrial electrical experience; or any equivalent relevant combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Advanced proficiency in the design, specification, and installation supervision of electrical low and medium voltage systems. Additionally, an intermediate level with high voltage systems is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in creating, updating, and reading electrical schematic drawings.
- Basic understanding of PLC system design, specification, and programming.
- Basic CAD Software (AutoCAD) skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook)
- Good safety awareness and makes safety a priority in project decisions and execution activities.
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Driven to successful outcomes, adaptive in times of change, and innovative in face of roadblocks.
- High level of initiative, self-motivation, and sense of urgency with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team desirable.
- High level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Collaborative and enjoy working closely with internal customers.