Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
This position is responsible for provides on-site emergency medical services, preventive health care and employee counselling in direct support of both the Refining & Chemicals, NA business and WD II at the Johnson Matthey West Deptford, N.J. facility.
- Provides quality medical care to West Deptford employees by proper application of nursing skills.
- Improves the plant's health, safety and medical disposition by giving first aid instructions and participating in Safety Committee meetings and ergonomic meetings.
- Provides emergency care and first aid in accordance with standing orders from the company doctor.Maintains a medical record for each site employee, updating these records whenever treatment is given or whenever any change in an employee’s medical status occurs.
- Responsible for providing first aid, blood borne pathogens and CPR training to emergency team personnel in support of Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals.Also teaches periodic voluntary CPR classes for site employees.
- Responsible for counseling employees regarding medical problems and refers them to appropriate physicians and/or agencies to address on non-work-related ailments.
- Responsible for administering the disability program, sending forms to the insurance company and arranging appropriate company physician referrals before an employee returns to work.
- Responsible for having daily contact with worker’s compensation carrier claims adjusters to ensure proper and prompt payment of workers’ compensation bills.
- Administers the general health care program for salaried employees as necessary by maintaining records and assisting in the distributions of health program benefits.
- Responsible for assisting the company doctor as needed in the Dispensary and interviewing new employees for medical history and performs all pre-employment allergy, pulmonary, drug and hearing tests.
- Responsible for acting as a liaison between injured or ill employees and production supervision and treating physicians.Schedules employee appointments to specialists when necessary.
- Contributes to the preventative health care program by performing routine tests and administering flu shots as well as arrange for educational programs and testing.
- Coordinates with Health & Safety to maintain OSHA log, TSCA files, medical waste disposal files and other mandated record keeping complying with federal requirements.
- Responsible for collecting orders for safety shoes and prescription safety glasses for plant employees and forwarding them to outside organizations.
- Responsible for accompanying management personnel on periodic plant inspections by government agencies, insurance companies or management.Also participates in monthly safety meetings with department heads and union representatives to discuss work place safety hazards and the use of safety equipment by employees.
- Coordinates the biannual Red Cross blood drive by recruiting plant employees for participation and acting as liaison between the plant and the American Red Cross in arranging for necessary room, miscellaneous office furniture, etc. that may be needed for the blood drive.
- Responsible for maintaining the Dispensary, including medical equipment and supplies for the West Deptford site
- Administers and maintains the Workers’ Compensation program and disability program.
- Conducts the health portion, and appropriate portions of Employee Orientations.
- Responsible for providing basic nursing care by checking employee’s blood pressure, taking blood leads as necessary, administering audiometry testing, EKGs, pulmonary lung function testing and skin testing on a semi-annual basis, as well as annual physicals for Pharmaceutical Materials and emergency team members.
- Required to be a member of the Emergency Team as Medical Team Leader and attend all meetings and/or training sessions.Coordinates all off-site medical treatment as required to insure proper medical responses in all site emergencies. Provides team training and administers Hepatitis B vaccine, as required
- Monitors and verifies employee absences.
- Maintains computer records.
- Performs other duties as required.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Active R.N. License or Bachelor of Nursing, required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience an industrial manufacturing environment
- Teaching certification for CPR and first aid required
- Experience in safe work practices, hearing testing, EKGs, pulmonary function testing skin testing, drug testing and personal protective equipment for handling hazardous materials
- CHON Certification desired