Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
This position is working with JM subsidiary Tracerco, a world leading industrial technology company providing unique and specialised detection, diagnostic and measurement solutions. The technical sales representative will be focusing on techno-commercial and business development activities covering reservoir tracer applications for customers across the southern United States to meet demanding business targets. This resource will also be acting as liaison between commercial and operational staff during project execution, providing key account management for critical accounts within the sales territory, and contributing ideas to the reservoir development team to ensure ongoing development and growth within the Reservoir Tracer Business Unit.
- Develop and maintain expertise in all aspects of reservoir tracer technology especially in reservoir frac tracer application
- Carry out face to face commercial meetings with prospective and existing customers across the geographical territory in support of local commercial and operational management
- Assist with the development of strong relationships with customers in the region through key account management support - face to face discussions from project concept through to final data reporting
- Respond to customer technical and commercial enquiries as and when required on a timely basis, including the preparation of techno-commercial proposals
- Support the team by resolving any regional issues with customers
- Work with the Reservoir Global Operations Manager to ensure that infrastructure is put in place in to meet local reservoir customer needs
- Attend specific regional technology forums and conferences to help the Reservoir Business understand the potential and needs in of the region
- Proactively seek and meet corporate level reservoir key decision makers who service uncompletion and drilling operational sites
- Proactively seek information on competitor services / products and work with relevant staff to formulate technology offering / pricing / promotion plans to counter competitive threats
- Support the marketing department with suitable case studies / technical paper writing and delivery to ensure world class literature and publicity materials are available to our customers
- Actively participate in the annual budgeting process in support of regional management
- With regional management support, manage the education of regional staff engaged in data analysis as part of our advanced technology drive. Act as primary contact point for customer questions
Are you the ideal candidate?
- BSc or MSc in Reservoir engineering, petroleum engineering or completion engineering desirable although not essential
- 5-7 years minimum of industry experience
- Experience in lower completion design and reservoir simulation is of benefit
- Proven experience in selling reservoir related technologies to customers in the Permian Basin