Tracerco originated in 1958 as a small research team within Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI) in Billingham, Teesside, UK. From its beginnings, Tracerco has continued to expand its product range and geographical reach, responding to customers' needs and market opportunities.
Today, Tracerco is a subsidiary of Johnson Matthey and is a world leader in its field. Its innovative range of products and services are invaluable to ensure full optimization and efficiency of its customer's assets across the oil, gas and petrochemical industry.
Tracerco's products and services include: radiation monitors, nucleonic instrumentation, process diagnostics, subsea technologies, reservoir characterisation, monitors and servicing, analytical services and product assurance.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager-North America, the job holder will be responsible for techno-commercial support covering subsea applications for projects mainly in the Gulf of Mexico area. Under exceptional circumstances, the Business Development Manager- Subsea might also be required to cover international projects requiring local information and commercial involvement.
Most importantly, the individual in this role will be accountable for developing and expanding the subsea business including responsibility for leading commercial and sales activities, account management, customer relationship management, business strategy, marketing, budgeting and business development. The Business Development Manager- Subsea will be fully responsible for maximizing net revenue and profit, developing long and short-term commercial plans and new business development.
The job role will include the need to develop a firm understanding of all areas of our subsea technologies including project design and execution. In addition, the job holder will be responsible for discussing and managing requirements from customers in order to provide management with ongoing development opportunities in the subsea area. The job role will also involve regular communication with operational staff and other members of the Tracerco North America subsea team in order to offer support as needed, as well as to offer high level customer contacts responsible for key purchasing decision makers at asset and corporate levels.
The Business Development Manager- Subsea’s main contribution will be by impacting the major customers to encourage them to prefer Tracerco subsea technology services. The Business Development Manager- Subsea will also be accountable for the efficient delivery of subsea technology knowhow and field support to the customer base, and for exceeding revenue and profit targets.
- Responsible for executing agreed regional pricing strategy, price approvals, price justifications including sales potential/forecasts for customers.
- Provide timely and accurate periodic reporting narrative and monthly business reviews to Commercial Manager- North America and leadership, as well as communicate developed annual sales plan and manage on-going revenue forecast as needed.
- Achieve sales targets and produce new projects pipeline to exceed objectives. Responsible for direct sales in the specific territory/accounts, including achievement of planned revenue and account development.
- Develop and expand the business network of customers and contacts and be responsive to the inter relations with the global network and customer base of the subsea business’ global activity.
- Be the ambassador for the Tracerco Subsea business.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of all aspects of subsea technology including project design, execution and data interpretation.
- Carry out face to face techno-commercial meetings with prospective and existing customers.
- Accurately update and maintain the customer database with respect to subsea contacts within the territory.
- Seek out and secure meetings with prospective subsea customers on a regular basis.
- Deliver presentations to prospective customer individuals and groups.
- Assist the Commercial Manager – North America with the identification of possible industry collaborative opportunities and business leads.
- Assist in the development of strong relationships with customers through key account management support and face to face discussions, all the way from the initial project concept to the final data reporting stage of each project.
- Respond to customer technical and commercial inquiries as required and on a timely basis.
- Prepare commercial proposals.
- Support the Tracerco subsea business by resolving any issues with customers; preferably face to face as much as possible.
- Attend specific technology forums and conferences to keep the subsea business up to date on the commercial needs of the region(s).
- Proactively seek, and meet with, corporate level subsea key decision makers who service national and international sites.
- Proactively seek information related to competitor services and products, and work with the Commercial Manager- North America in order to formulate technology offering, pricing and promotion plans to counter competitive threats.
- Support the marketing department with suitable case studies and documentation to ensure that world class literature and publicity materials are available to a range of regional and global customers.
- Presentation of technical reports at various conferences with the assistance of our technical support experts.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- As the job role involves significant lone working and technical customer contact, the job holder must possess excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The job holder must be strongly self-motivated and have a high involvement/highly proactive business oriented approach. Strong customer oriented attitude is a must.
- Must be technically capable. A strong background in technical sales and an understanding of subsea technologies is required in order to offer the most appropriate level of advice and support to our customer base.
- Must be able to conduct significant travel, mainly on the road within the greater Houston and surrounding areas, within the larger State of Texas territory and within the State of Louisiana as well (mainly the greater New Orleans area).
- Degree level qualification in related field preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience in the US Gulf of Mexico territory within the industry, with an emphasis in subsea technologies is required.
- Solid sales and customer relationship experience and demonstrable experience of success in the subsea technology field a must.
- Experience in sales and operations planning, and sales forecasting.
- Excellent written and verbal professional/business English language skills.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Must exhibit a high degree of drive and organization of commercial business activities.
- Strong/solid sales negotiation skills, financial acumen and analytical skills.
- The ideal candidate for this role will have a high level of integrity and accountability, and will be a widely trusted individual