Assistant Financial Analyst
|Company Order Number:||9395|
|# of openings:||1|
Vacancy: Assistant Finance Analyst
Job Family: Finance.
The Assistant Financial Analyst will closely with departmental managers across Refining & Chemicals Europe Business, providing support for any cost decisions, understanding of cost bases, budget setting and forecasting as well as supporting the Financial Analysis Manager with working up the detailed yearly budget.
Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Efficient Natural Resources is an autonomous business, one of four sectors within Johnson Matthey, with revenues of circa £1 billion (circa £7 billion including precious metals) and operations worldwide.
Platinum Group Metal Services (PGMS) is one of four businesses within the Efficient Natural Resources Sector that manages, distributes, refines and recycles precious metals and fabricates products using precious metals and related materials. The business unit also manufactures platinum group metals, minor metal compounds, organometallics and fine metal powders for high technology applications, as well as providing a range of management services for platinum group metals.
PGMS has manufacturing operations in the UK, US and China and sells to key markets globally across Europe, the US and Asia.
· Proactively build and maintain influential and collaborative relationships with key business stakeholders as a partner to the business focussed on effective decision support on investments, costings, profitability and cost base
· Support the business with strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting with appropriate financial modelling, analysis and commentary
· Provide support to the business in terms of managing and reporting costs to ensure that costs are managed in line with the delivery of key business objectives
· Work closely with the business to develop improved product costings across Refining and Chemicals which will enable product profitability reporting
· Encourage and assist managers to analyse and improve financial performance and capability through the interoperation of business KPI’s, management data, internal and external benchmarking information and external best practice
· Support HR with headcount reporting and Job ID’s approval
Are you the ideal candidate?
· Working towards a recognised Professional Accounting Qualification (ideally CIMA)
· Knowledge of cost accounting/financial accounting and processes in a high controlled environment
· Understanding of International Reporting Standards
· Financial Planning & Analysis skills and experience
· Experience of business forecasting and budgeting
· Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP System
· Excellent IT Skills particularly Excel
· Ability to provide innovative solutions to problems
· High level of numeracy, working with systems and data
· Excellent communication and relationship building skills
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. A full job description is available on request from UKRecruitment@matthey.com. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online
Closing date for applications: 13 December 2019
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results