Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
The Sr. Project Manager will set global strategy and drive profitability of the commercial portfolio, forecast 10-year strategic outlook for select products, and drive demand planning (though the internal SIOP process) to align with the sector strategic plan. The incumbent will also lead internal teams to provide customers with technical support. This position will be the primary point of contact for the customer, will be responsible for generating status updates and will interface with the Business Development and technical teams to ensure products are completed on time, on budget and within established parameters.
- Responsible for the profitability of JM’s Innovator Commercial products on a global basis.
- Drive growth of select products aligned with the market dynamics and competitive landscape
- Work with legal, finance, operations, and QA/Regulatory to create business cases for long range planning and capacity investment opportunities
- Monitor/adjust product strategies as new assumptions or market conditions arise
- Responsible for scenario planning for global product strategies (including High/Medium/Low scenarios) which will drive key decisions for the business
- Support sales team with forecasting monthly reports and sensitivity tracking as required
- Align demand needs for commercial products through the S&OP process
- Drive the execution of all customers technical requests such as RFIs, GMP statements, etc through the support of internal SMEs
- Acts as primary contact on product issues, maintaining, executing and creating plans and procedures for multiple products over local and regional sites.
- Tracks product status, inclusive of timeline and budget, and reports status internally and to clients throughout the project life cycle.
- Coordinates product delivery within the constraints of scope, quality, time and costs to meet objectives and to achieve a high degree of customer satisfaction with both internal and external customers.
- Develop, test and initiate continuous improvement initiatives (for example DMAIC, lean 6-sigma)
- To carry out/ take on any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
Are you the ideal candidate?
- BS degree in Chemistry or related scientific field
- Three to Five years’ experience in a Product Manager or Project Management role in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Strong technical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Working knowledge of production facilities/analytical/regulatory
- Proficient in excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, SharePoint
- Contract Manufacturing Organization experience preferred.
- An understanding of cGMP’s as they relate to drug substance manufacturing is preferred.