|Company Order Number:||9636|
|# of openings:||2|
Vacancy: Financial Accountant
Job Family: Finance
Johnson Matthey are recruiting for a Financial Accountant to work in the Corporate Financial Shared Services Department based at Teesdale, Stockton on Tees. The Financial Accountant will ensure the monthly accounting, reporting and subsequent reviews with the business are completed in an accurate and timely manner according to the close calendar and schedules agreed. Working to develop and improve processes within the SSC and with external business stakeholders to continuously improve team performance and build satisfaction.
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 14,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health, but that’s not enough. We have ambitious plans for growth and need talented individuals to help shape and lead us into our next century.
· Working with the businesses and others in the SSC to ensure the accurate completion of month end accounts and reporting according to the agreed month-end close calendar including:
o Monthly reconciliations of GL accounts
o R&D reporting, budgeting and maintenance
o Intercompany transaction monitoring and reporting
o Fixed Assets
o Monthly Overhead reporting and analysis
· Preparation of monthly, half and full year reporting packs with and for business units
· Assisting in the annual preparation of tax packs businesses and working with the Group Tax function to resolve any queries;
· Assist with both internal and external audits;
· Developing and maintaining good working relationships with key stakeholders and delivering exemplary customer service for the SSC
· Actively engaging in continuous improvement activities to drive process/controls improvement and efficiencies
· Other ad-hoc duties as and when required including providing back-up for team members
Are you the ideal candidate?
· Be Qualified ACA/ACCA or CIMA or Part Qualified with relevant experience in a similar role
· Have experience in a Financial Accounting role within an MNC environment
· Ideally have experience working in an Accounting Practice prior to working in industry
· Have good working knowledge of a large ERP system such as SAP /Oracle/JDE
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Exce l)
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. A full job description is available on request. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results