Under the direction of the Inside Sales Manager, this position is responsible for maintaining customer accounts within the Refining and Chemical businesses. The incumbent will interface directly with customers as well as the Sales team, Operations, and Development to coordinate product orders, refining shipments, invoices and shipments of materials while managing new and existing accounts to achieve budgeted sales targets.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by becoming the main link between the customer and Johnson Matthey; including, but not limited to production coordination, issuing quotations, quote follow-up, order follow-up, strict adherence to all quality policies, and maintenance of metal integrity associated with customer metal accounts
- Maintain communication between other internal groups in Johnson Matthey and customers through appropriate and timely contact
- Ensure accurate pricing is quoted and orders are entered accurately into the order entry system
- Provide required services and products to our customers in a proficient and professional manner
- Resolve customer complaints and disputes by gathering information from customers and internal personnel
- Follow-up on potential sales through telephone, and email contact with the customer
- Make new customers aware of services and products of Johnson Matthey through customer contact
- Visit customers as required
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales/Marketing or Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience required
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential
- Strong attention to detail required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must