Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Working within the Tracerco Assurance department, performing repairs and calibrations of radiation detection equipment to the required standard & in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Responsible for receiving and correctly logging radiation monitors onto the Monitors calibration database.
- Responsible for ensuring monitor calibrations are accurate and done to the correct standard, prior to return to the client.
- Responsible for identifying faults in customer instrumentation and implementing the required repair prior to calibration.
- Responsible for performing Hazardous Area compliance checks on customer equipment.
- Responsible for providing technical support to the customer when required, in support of the customer service administrator.
- Responsible for packaging customer equipment (radiation monitors) appropriately prior to return shipment.
- Continuously seeking out improvements in the process of their duties.
- Maintaining good communications with customer support within a small regional team, to allow us to fully support our customers’ needs and respond in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Working in accordance with company health and safety procedures to ensure safe operation of the facility.
- To take on any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Experience with hand tools, soldering equipment
- Experienced with repair of electronic / electrical components / systems
- Experience of working as part of a small team
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- 3+ years’ experience in service and maintenance of portable electronic equipment
- Basic radiation awareness
- Knowledge of Radiation detection equipment
- Education in a Science & Technology related subject