Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Technical Service Key Account Engineers support Key Accounts with all aspects of their operational and technical use of catalysts and absorbents. The role is accountable for delivering demonstrative value through superior product performance for Key Accounts specifically allocated.
- Providing excellent technical support both proactively and in response to emergencies aimed at delivering long-term value for JM and the customer
- Extracting maximum value from Key Accounts through developing and deploying the appropriate level of technical service
- Providing advice to Key Accounts in reviews of project and investment plans for improvement of their production assets
- Utilising customer interactions, and those of Key Account Managers, to feed technical and market information back into the business to enable JM to enhance product offering and better understand future customer needs
- Building and maintaining effective partnerships with stakeholders of Key Accounts in an ethical and safe manner
- Coordinating with Regional Sales Managers to ensure consistent global customer service
- Developing opportunities for the introduction of new products to Key Accounts
- Ensuring all activities and undertaken in accordance with JM code of ethics and EHS policy and practices
- Carrying out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Degree most likely in a scientific/technical discipline
- Background in refineries, absorbents and catalysts
- Proven technical service experience including complex negotiations
- Understanding the speciality chemicals market place
- Detailed understanding of technical product features of the Catalyst Technology product portfolio
- Experience coordinating and influencing global account teams
- Experience managing multiple projects for live and potential customers