NAMSA is a global medical device research organization providing a comprehensive range of services to prove efficacy, non-clinical and clinical safety of medical devices, IVDs, HCT/P and combination products. NAMSA has breadth and depth in consulting, non-clinical and clinical services with expertise in cardiovascular, orthopedic, ocular, neurologic, gastroenterologic, urologic, combination product and related medical devices. For more than 45 years, NAMSA clients utilize its testing and consulting services to bring safe and effective products to market.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the collection and appropriate processing of tissue for review by a pathologist.
- May participate in the preparation of protocols and reports.
- May organize and assist in necropsies
- Draft procedures for tissue handling
- Operate and maintain histology equipment
- Review and maintain SOPs relevant to assigned duties
- Develop and/or maintain records according to good laboratory practice
- Capable of conducting hard and soft plastics processing, embedding and staining.
- Collaborates with senior associates to develop staining procedures required by protocol or pathologist request, or procedures reasonably expected to be required by protocol or pathologist request in the near future. This includes research, literature search, obtaining necessary reagents/supplies, experimental development of technique, and writing up the procedure.
- Train junior Associates to help them learn how to expand their knowledge and histology’s contribution to NAMSA’s sponsors.
- Remains current on emerging technologies in histology and serves as a mentor to other technicians.
- Conduct all routine Histology tasks (see Histology Technician description).
Qualifications and Skills
- Requires High School Diploma with 10 years of related experience, or
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with 1 - 3 years related experience preferred.
- HT Certification required.
- Awareness of applicable guidelines and regulations appropriate for primary department, These may include USDA, USP, Tripartite, FHSA, CTFA, FSA, ICH, EP, and/or JP.
- Knowledge of metric system, scientific applications, experimental design, and data evaluation.
- Can draft technical documents and communications (SOPs, protocols, Trackwise records).
- Proficient at applicable NAMSA systems (LIMS, Trackwise, MasterControl, etc) as appropriate per primary department.
- Ability to work in GMP/GLP environment.
NAMSA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) and treatment for every person seeking employment with or employed by our company. The Company will not fail or refuse to hire any individual, discharge any individual, or otherwise discriminate against any individual by reason of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, or status with regard to public assistance or any other characteristic, status, or condition protected by law. Employment decisions are based solely upon qualifications and merit. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.